Sesagoa: One more "WHO"?

Hi Friends,

Remember some time back I asked the same WHO question about Arun Nair" (or Nayr, whatever, I still dont cares)

Please refere to my previous "WHO" question here:
http://www.traderji.com/equities/11837-cnbctv18-whos-wedding-anyways.html

Heres another WHO question:
Who is Anil Aggarwal? And I DO care this time around!

I saw this man on TV18(again TV18) ready to buy stake in Sesagoa (What a beautiful company) for something like 1.4 b(b = billion!) dollars(not rupees mind you)

Question is WHO is this gentleman?
The only thingy I know about this personality is that he runs some company called Vedant.

The Question is, where was this gentleman until now?
How come I never heard about this company in the last so many years?
Where did all this money come to him from?

A company which a Birla and a Mital found expensive to buy, why is this man so keen to buy it?

Is it a back door entry for this entrepreneur to the stock market?

Someone please answer my questions.

God bless.

Regards

MANOJ T

kenneth

Anil Agarwal ranked 245 among The World's Richest People In 2006
245 Anil Agarwal
Fortune: inherited and growing
Source: Mining, metals

Net Worth: 2.8

Country Of Citizenship: India
Residence: London, United Kingdom, Europe & Russia
Industry: Mining/Lumber
Marital Status: married, 2 children

Built his London-listed Vedanta Resources by acquiring state-owned mining and metal assets in India where main operations are located. Also owns copper mines in Zambia and Australia. Has a $3 billion expansion underway. Promised to donate $1 billion to a new university , modeled after Harvard, over two years.

Anil Agarwal ranked 245 among The World's Richest People In 2006
245 Anil Agarwal
Fortune: inherited and growing
Source: Mining, metals

Net Worth: 2.8

Country Of Citizenship: India
Residence: London, United Kingdom, Europe & Russia
Industry: Mining/Lumber
Marital Status: married, 2 children

Built his London-listed Vedanta Resources by acquiring state-owned mining and metal assets in India where main operations are located. Also owns copper mines in Zambia and Australia. Has a $3 billion expansion underway. Promised to donate $1 billion to a new university , modeled after Harvard, over two years.
Thanks for the biodata.
One question remained unanswered: The Question is, where was this gentleman until now?

Ironically, only after Yashwant Sinha coined the idea of converting black money to white, with no questions asked, the poor third world country, India, seems to be not really poor after all. Infact is now seems that the country was never poor, just that we did not know who were sitting on the black mountains!