sequential trading system

sequential trading system:
i would like to know more about the demark's sequential trading system and would appreciate their views from the members who have had the experience of using this trading sytem and how effective and reliable it is for short term trading.

thks. in advance.

a gandhi.

karthikmarar

The system is divided into three distinct stages, A. Set up, B. Count Down, and C. Entry.

A. Set Up Criteria

1. For a Buy signal. Nine consecutive daily price closes which are lower than the close four days earlier.

For a Sell signal. Nine consecutive daily price closes which are higher than the closes four days earlier.

2. An Absolute Prerequisite

The day prior to the first day of a nine consecutive set up sequence must:

for a buy signal have a close higher than or equal to the close four days earlier,

for a sell signal have a close lower than or equal to the close four days earlier.

B. Count Down

For a buy signal, following the successful completion of the count down we wait for thirteen closes which are lower than the close two days earlier (not consecutive, in fact extremely unlikely to be so).

For a sell signal, after successful set up, wait for thirteen closes which are higher than the close two days earlier.

C. Entry

On successful completion of set up and count down we now have a choice:

a) Enter on the close of the day that the count down is completed, i.e. the close of the thirteenth defined close. This is the most aggressive and highest risk entry but most closely approximates the exact high or low of the trend about to be reversed. However, it is the entry most likely to be whipsawed if the Sequential fails.

Entry after reversal

b) On a close higher for a buy (lower for a sell) than a close four days earlier after the count down has been concluded, i.e. post reversal.

c) On a close higher for a buy (lower for a sell) than the high (low) two days earlier after conclusion of the count down, i.e. a compromise between a) and b).

karthikmarar,

Your system seems interesting. Pl inform if you are using this system, how effective is this system, if possible with example.
thanks

karthikmarar

Hi

Sorry.. I dont use this system. I use Metastock to generate by trade signals. I found it difficult to programme the Metastock for theis system. I am presently experimenting my own system based on TRIX. I have been able to get some good calls from my system, the latest one being D-link. The system generated a buy signal at 124. D-link jumped up 15 points in a few days time.
Anyway I will provided the link from where I learnt about the sequential system. Hope this will help.

http://www.tradertalk.com/tutorial/demark.html

karthik

karthikmarar said:
Hi

Sorry.. I dont use this system. I use Metastock to generate by trade signals. I found it difficult to programme the Metastock for theis system. I am presently experimenting my own system based on TRIX. I have been able to get some good calls from my system, the latest one being D-link. The system generated a buy signal at 124. D-link jumped up 15 points in a few days time.
Anyway I will provided the link from where I learnt about the sequential system. Hope this will help.

http://www.tradertalk.com/tutorial/demark.html

karthik

please teach your own system for short term trading based on trix.

sudoku1