Seniors plz help --- How to use Trailing STOP LOSS

Hi All,
I am new entrant in trading world and want to know about Trailing STOP LOSS feature. I tried to search various sites but didn't found clear answer. With a great hope I am creating this thread so that some senior would help me understanding this concept and practical use.
Some details: I am using Shrekhan Trade Tiger platform and RKG Diet Odin platform. In both of them there is no option to set Trailing STOP LOSS.
Is it possible to modify Regular stop loss once trade is executed ?
For example: I bought SATYAM @ 100 with stop loss of 95 (order executed). Now SATYAM is trading @ 110 Now I want to change my previous stop loss from 95 to 100 (I think is what called trailing stop loss) since order is already executed is it possible to change it?
Would be thankfull to all for your guidance provided....
Regards

NOMINDTR

Hi,

Here, automated trailing stops are not allowed; you have to change your stops manually as the price moves;

AW10

SLoss order is seperate order from main buy order.
1) Buy order = buy at @100 rs.
2) Sell order = give either limit price or tick market + mention trigger price. in you case trigger price will be 95 to start with.
When u place this order, it should goto pending status depending on your trigger price.

3) as market moves up, modify your pending sell order.. and change the trigger price to 100 now.. On submit, the updated order will be accepted by exchnge and will sit in pending state now.

for all practicle purpose - stoploss order and trailing SL are same. as u keep changing trigger price in stoploss order, it can be called as Trailing SL..but from execution or order entry perspective, there is no difference.

Happy Trading

SLoss order is seperate order from main buy order.
1) Buy order = buy at @100 rs.
2) Sell order = give either limit price or tick market + mention trigger price. in you case trigger price will be 95 to start with.
When u place this order, it should goto pending status depending on your trigger price.

3) as market moves up, modify your pending sell order.. and change the trigger price to 100 now.. On submit, the updated order will be accepted by exchnge and will sit in pending state now.

for all practicle purpose - stoploss order and trailing SL are same. as u keep changing trigger price in stoploss order, it can be called as Trailing SL..but from execution or order entry perspective, there is no difference.

Happy Trading
AW10 Sir,
As the name suggest you are really genius, thanks a lot for clarifying by query.
regards

pkgmtnl

Hi All,
I am new entrant in trading world and want to know about Trailing STOP LOSS feature. I tried to search various sites but didn't found clear answer. With a great hope I am creating this thread so that some senior would help me understanding this concept and practical use.
Some details: I am using Shrekhan Trade Tiger platform and RKG Diet Odin platform. In both of them there is no option to set Trailing STOP LOSS.
Is it possible to modify Regular stop loss once trade is executed ?
For example: I bought SATYAM @ 100 with stop loss of 95 (order executed). Now SATYAM is trading @ 110 Now I want to change my previous stop loss from 95 to 100 (I think is what called trailing stop loss) since order is already executed is it possible to change it?
Would be thankfull to all for your guidance provided....
Regards
NO dear both has this feature,
the SL only means to set an Buy/ Sell condition to reach first before ur order is placed to Exchange.

Like u said u bought satyam at 100 and Trailing SL was 95 ( i suppose u took deliveries) so ur SL wud b on closing rates basis, only mean if satyam closes below 95 U have to exit,
For intraday, like U bought Satyam at 100 with SL 98, this order u can place

a. Press F2.
b. in Second Row there is a option SL, select it.
c. Fill the Row below it like 98.10 and fill the rate as 98 (it means that if satyam touched 98.10, then ur sell order to sell SATYAM at 98 will be placed.
d. Both the rates could be same, but the RATE cannot be gr8er then SL rate...

d. trailing SL means that as the Satyam is going up, u revise ur SL too, like when rate was 100, SL u were keeping it 95, now SATYAM is 110 and u use SL at 105, that it...

e. If u still have some doubt then ask the customer support, how to modify the SL order....

bye

Last edited: