SENIORS PLS COMMENT

vivek.civil17

with my 5 years of trading carrier , TRADERJi is my great teacher and i used to read thread daily and developing my trading carrier . Thanks a ton to Subhadip sir ( pivot and EMA concept) , vijay sir ( pivot concept) , varun sir ( obv action) and certainly many others sure . having faced many thing in my trading carrier as same without knowing anything makes good profit in earlier days and once i started study there my losses starts . after 5 years of struggle now i feel that i m into the right direction and feel like i have some more steps to become a good trader .

last 3 months i strictly following my trend trading system in SBIN and ICICI equities ( why these 2 scrips , coz i m more comfortable in these 2 scrips for placing tight Stops and decent voltality) and my results are neutral in all 3 months . the thing is i cant able to manage range days . if i didnt trade in range and wait for break out of range then i missed good move , without giving entry good trend exhausted . i m good in moving days and in moving stocks but i m not comfortable in searching for moving stocks daily and i like to stick to some scrips consistent .
i m looking for a help from seniors here that how can i manage the range days and threw some tips it can take my level further .

thanks
vivek

Last edited:

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Ooooh.I love sbin.
You have two choice.
1.) Either stay away from Range days and don't trade.
2.)If you still need to trade everyday then Diversify and look at other stocks which are liquid and trending for that day.
Being Neutral in three months is better than losing.Hence no worries there.

vivek.civil17

thank you sanju .
as you love sbin hope you have trade this wk . as you said i hold wait till range break ,but buy missed to take 08/05 good up move and its been happened many times.
yes no loss in 3 months with paying all taxes and brokerage so what i dint give up and keep trying .

thank you so much

vivek

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
thank you sanju .
as you love sbin hope you have trade this wk . as you said i hold wait till range break ,but buy missed to take 08/05 good up move and its been happened many times.
yes no loss in 3 months with paying all taxes and brokerage so what i dint give up and keep trying .

thank you so much

vivek
Yeah there are no more short entries as it took a long term support.It is getting difficult to get past 250.Hence I left it alone till it closes above 250 decisively.

Raj232

some charts which i stuck in the ranges
Banking stocks are being used a a hedge against the Nifty Index, especially taking opposite directions when Reliance results were out. Yes, the range seems stuck but there will surely be a breakout/breakdown soon :)

chintan786

thank you sanju .

thank you so much

vivek
this is typical problem with Day Traders. Best is avoid Trading Range Days but then how we know if today is going to be range day or Not
Simple Heck:
Check 1st 30-Min Vol. with Trend day(s) vol. if Vol. is low then it is going to be range day.
Sometimes having no position is also a good position.

Wht I am suggesting sounds simple but bit difficult to apply but saves u lot of headaches.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Yeah there are no more short entries as it took a long term support.It is getting difficult to get past 250.Hence I left it alone till it closes above 250 decisively.
You either stick to a given stock and trade all its variations and moves, whether in ranging or trending market OR stick to trading only clearly trending stocks and keep looking for such stocks regularly.

pannet1

1st
please add AUROPHARMA to you mix.

2nd
look for F&O stocks in pre-open market to know which stock is going to be volatile today. verify if it is good stock with previous history of good daily range. pre-open market does not tell you the direction of the stock, it only tell that its going to be volatile for the day.

i am having good success with this presently but i am not able to increase capital to a great extent.

vivek.civil17

1st
please add AUROPHARMA to you mix.

2nd
look for F&O stocks in pre-open market to know which stock is going to be volatile today. verify if it is good stock with previous history of good daily range. pre-open market does not tell you the direction of the stock, it only tell that its going to be volatile for the day.

i am having good success with this presently but i am not able to increase capital to a great extent.
1st - yes i wll do .
2nd - pls temme how pre market helps to find a volatile stocks ??