Senior scalpers and day traders , plz comment on my money&risk management system .

Re: Senior scalpers and day traders , plz comment on my money&risk management system

dear friend,

when I used to scalp, I did it without the use of charts, hence would not be able to comment there. you are the best judge here as you know when you get your signals and how far you are able to execute them. the problem I see at times with chart based scalping is that when you would analyze 20 diff charts EOD, there will definitely be a few which worked very well by any good system, but if one is tracking 10-20 scrips, what are the chances that
a) one would be trading that particular script on that day.
b) one wd trade all signals that day.
nevertheless, you have had good returns by your system. you must give it a try. I wd suggest trade one single script for 15-30 days.. if you get good results by the end of it.. you definitely have something up your sleeve.
but if you find you get a few good days, few bad and a few ordinary days, then it would be very difficult to make any money after factoring in the various costs and slippage.

regards
hmm ... True , I guess From feb 1st , I should Paper trade for 15 days by picking up 2-3 scripts from different sectors to see how it works . :)
Thanks for the suggestion .

And you said , you dont use charts for scalping ..... then what approach do you use ? only volume analysis ?

Regards,

HedgeFudge

anuragmunjal

Re: Senior scalpers and day traders , plz comment on my money&risk management system

Dear anurag sir,

then what is the solution and how we can make regular and consistent money in the scalping. please guide and give your invaluable thoughts for successful scalping or scalp trading.

Regards
pav
hi Pav

after the advent of bots, I have not seen a single 'pure scalper' making money trading manually.. with algos working on co located servers, it is impossible to beat them manually.

therefore to succeed, I believe you must either take that route or as I have suggested earlier, trade on a slightly higher tf where you do comparitivley lesser trades and aim for bigger profits on favorable trades. go through ST's thread 'thoughts on day swing trading'. he has given many good examples on that thread.

regards

anuragmunjal

hmm ... True , I guess From feb 1st , I should Paper trade for 15 days by picking up 2-3 scripts from different sectors to see how it works . :)
Thanks for the suggestion .

And you said , you dont use charts for scalping ..... then what approach do you use ? only volume analysis ?

Regards,

HedgeFudge

the only problem with paper trading, especially when you are trading a system,which has high number of trades is that you can never be sure of what actual executed price you may get. hence, would suggest trade live mkt. with half the qty. you intend to trade in order to get the real feel.
hypothetically speaking, while scalping many things can change the equation. there is a possibility that one may have a good system when he is trading 50 qty of a share as his slippage is around .1 paise, whereas the same system may not look so good if one were trading 500 qty of the same script as the slippage now increases to .4 paise. I once devised a system which was unbeatable on paper, but in actual mkt. conditions, inclusive of slippage, stt, various charges and comm., it cost me 7000 rs per crore of turnover, and it was not even a pure scalping system. it had fewer trades. I had to shelve it.

the second part of your ques.. I left active scalping a few years back, once the bots took over.. when I was scalping, it was only thru screen reading and intution.

regards

Hello friend,
I have a question that if you were successful in all types of trading and investment then why are you switching to scalping. My view is that you should not go for it if you are looking for few thousand rupees at the end of day. Even one good trade in a day could earn you that much of profit. Scalping is not everyone's cup of tea.

shirajroz

Anurag Ji,
Which is/are d most Liquid F&O scrip/s in d present NFO Market according to your experience ?

PUCHU_2500

Anurag Ji,
Which is/are d most Liquid F&O scrip/s in d present NFO Market according to your experience ?
bro, do u think that u can trade successfully in most liquid stock ? unitech is the most liquid stock......!!
ideal trading counter> sbin, axisbank,bpcl, recltd, maruti, tatasteel and other top blue chip companies which is having daily trading volume more than 10 lac.....
wish u to be a successful trader
thanks

Last edited:

shirajroz

bro, do u think that u can trade successfully in most liquid stock ? unitech is the most liquid stock......!!
ideal trading counter> sbin, axisbank,bpcl, recltd, maruti, tatasteel and other top blue chip companies which is having daily trading volume more than 10 lac.....
thanks

Baby Steps.

Thank u bro & Thank u a ton in advance as going to pester u bros for guidance in every Trading steps ahead.

thanks
u will need to correct me if i am wrong..

unitech = 7.15 inr = 0.107 usd
todays range = 0.20 inr = 0.003 usd

sbin = 241.10 inr = 3.51 usd
todays range = 4.10 inr = 0.061 usd

image attached for both stocks..i do not know how much you pay per share to trade these stocks..but the values are so low they would not be looked at by serious traders..

the chart for unitech is terrible..the chart for sbin is much better..but again..with suck low values..and depending on commission charges per share..it might not be worthwhile trading these stocks if you have to pay too much to trade them?

J_S

Attachments

friends please help me

1.difference between risk mgt & money mgt please explain point wise with (eg)

2.myself understanding is it on
risk mgt is how much % you will risk on single trade

eg total capital 45000*2%=900

money mgt is don't use leverege

eg trade around 45000

is it correct

vijayanscbe

friends please help me

1.difference between risk mgt & money mgt please explain point wise with (eg)

2.myself understanding is it on
risk mgt is how much % you will risk on single trade

eg total capital 45000*2%=900

money mgt is don't use leverege

eg trade around 45000

is it correct
If you are Day trader then consider both MM and RM as same.
If you are short term trader, even if you take overnight position.
Then you have evaluate more things, example 20 point SL work in day trading. That wont work for over night positions.

RM is more technical thing which used by Institutions like DII , FII, HNI etc.
They use Var, Cvar, VIX, etc, to analyse the portfolio risks, exposers etc.
They consider all the risks, like country's, world's economical, political, policies etc which going to affect their funds. Accordingly they alter their exposers and reserves in various instruments.

RM and MM are more subjective terms.
So I consider both as same and wont go deeper untill I become an HNI. :D