however i was unable to do sell them on my own
i found a contract note from reliance money

OPTIDX NIFTY 30 Sep 2010 6000.00 CE SELL 300 29.9500 8985.00 600.00

61.80 2261.00 6062.20

IT shows 300 ce sold by RELIANCE MONEY (i suppose )at 29.25
8985 is the amount of sale
600 is THE brokerage on 6 lots 61.8 is service tax
however 2261 rs have been deducted as STT

A FRIEND TOLD ME THAT THIS IS ON THE AMOUNT OF NIFTY VALUE NOT JUST ON PREMIUM THAT IS WHY SO MUCH STT (OPTION EXERCISED )

I WISH TO KNOW THIS ......

THANKS

MindlessTrader

however 2261 rs have been deducted as STT

A FRIEND TOLD ME THAT THIS IS ON THE AMOUNT OF NIFTY VALUE NOT JUST ON PREMIUM THAT IS WHY SO MUCH STT (OPTION EXERCISED )

I WISH TO KNOW THIS ......

THANKS
never allow options to expire..because of high STT..always sold your bought call and puts before expiry.....

MindlessTrader

if you are in loss after brokerage you let it expire to save brokerage.

Here it was exercised so STT.
my doubt if nifty closed on expiry @ 6005....you have 1 lot 6000 ce @ whatever price.....now if you let it expire..will it exercised by the exchange as it is ITM call...i think they will...so huge STT @ 375 per lot here...and if you sell it to save stt then brokerage loss ...so its a bit tricky i think...seniors please clarify....selling is better to save stt as stt > brokerage.here....???:confused:

i m new to option trading. got a bit confused by the above posts. i had sold nifty 5500 put option and 6800 calls option for nov. now shall i let it expire or shall i square off by buying equal qty before expiry. if i buy i will have to pay brokerage. pl clarify the difference in charging STT in both the scenarios. i request for an early response as the expiry is about to come and the quantity involved is huge.