Selling Stocks in Sharekhan

Have Satyam shares : 5500

I had 10550 Satyam shares , of which I sold 5000 @ 500 in June ,

now what to do with the remaining shares.......sell or buy shares( coz price looks attractive).... unable to understand .

If some company takes over satyam
1) What will happen to satyam shares ?
Suppose if Tech Mahindra takes over... will satyam shares get converted to Tech Mahindra or will the shares get delisted ..?

2) Should I buy more shares of satyam ? or wait for further price fall or wait for satyam to get stabilized.

pkjha30

Re: Have Satyam shares : 5500

I had 10550 Satyam shares , of which I sold 5000 @ 500 in June ,

now what to do with the remaining shares.......sell or buy shares( coz price looks attractive).... unable to understand .

If some company takes over satyam
1) What will happen to satyam shares ?
Suppose if Tech Mahindra takes over... will satyam shares get converted to Tech Mahindra or will the shares get delisted ..?

2) Should I buy more shares of satyam ? or wait for further price fall or wait for satyam to get stabilized.
Ever heard of Himanchal Futuristic , GTB etc

Once black cobra of scam has bit ,it is a gone case for a long long time to come.

pk

AW10

When company faces any issues then shareholders (i.e. theoratical owner of the company) get last priority in terms of getting their investment. Even if it is taken over by other company, the conversion ratio will be anybody's guess (generally it is very poor) because any buyer will try to hit great bargain and negotiate hard on various conditions.

If I were holding the stocks, then I would not risk my money on such chance. Rather I will look for opportunity to collect whatever I can by selling my holdings.. Possible that stock might see a bounce but lot of people will try to comeout so it will find it hard to make any move up. I won't throw my good money behind bad money/investment.

Accounting frauds are difficult size so future of the stock has enough of questions..

We have better stock to trade in our market so why to hold Satyam still ?

Happy Trading.

md_mu

leave the thought of satyam being take over, it will take months or probably years to just investigate the scam.

so what to do....... I have 5500 shares.....

last time I sold them I got around 25 laks..:((
9:50 AM - BSE and NSE have announced removal of Satyam Computers from their list from Monday, reports CNBC Awaaz
What does this mean..

But that's what trading is..:)

I suggest you to hold on the the stock. It is in no way does its past highs but my guess will touch 70 in the next 15 days. The steps govt has taken will certainly revive the company.

depending on the severity of fraud, the new board and govt may decide to sell the company in verticals like banking, insurance, Manufacturing, SAP etc. In this case share holdr will not get any thing. In the the whole company is taken over by another company and retains the identity as it is than the share holder continue to get the present treatment. If it is merged with another company than the share holder still may not get any thing due to high liability in the books of account.

Intra Day Trading in Sharekhan

I am in newbie in trading and have demat account in sharekhan.
How do I do intraday( buying in the morning and selling of in the evening I guess thats the right term) trading using sharekhan.

If I have 1000 shares of some X company @ 25 rs , which I bought in the morning and by evening the stock shoot upto 35 rs and i want to sell of the stock.But , when I buy in the morning stocks are yet to be delivered to my account . In this case how can I sell?

Re: Intra Day Trading in Sharekhan

Hi,

In day trading you will not take delivery of shares. You will not buy and sell some shares in cash segment.

I am trading thru ICICIDirect now which uses Terminology "Margin" or "MarginPlus" segment and I am not aware what it is called in ShareKhan.

Regards
Sunny