Self Help & Misc. Instresting Stuff.

DSM

Modi giving power handshake to Prince William. :):):)

DSM

We live in a world, where 'TV News' rules people's mind. Judgements are formed on the basis of biased reporting, emotive issues and distorted facts. The fleeting pitch made on the TV does not subject itself to in-depth analysis, fact check or reasoning which leads to dumbing down of people. Nowadays, it is social media, that competes with TV. Sensational messages and videos are forwarded without even waiting for fact check or authentication as though doing so would somehow negate the agenda or propoganda that fits one's beliefs..... Here's a message that I received on Whatsapp. Ofcourse, it seems quite logical right? Read on...

Tax System explained in a simple way.

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten
comes to Rs.100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay Rs.1.
The sixth would pay Rs.3.
The seventh would pay Rs.7.
The eighth would pay Rs.12.
The ninth would pay Rs.18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay Rs.59.

So, that's what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. 'Since you are all such good customers,' he said, 'I'm going to reduce the cost of your beer by Rs.20’. Drinks for the ten now cost just Rs.80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes.
So, the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free.
But what about the other six men - the paying customers?
How could they divide the Rs.20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair
share?'

They realized that Rs.20 divided by six is Rs.3.33. But if they subtracted
that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man
would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).

The sixth would now pay Rs.2 instead of Rs.3 (33% savings).
The seventh now paid Rs.5 instead of Rs.7 (28% savings).
The eighth now paid Rs.9 instead of Rs.12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid Rs.14 instead of Rs.18 (22% savings).
The tenth now paid Rs.49 instead of Rs.59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before.
And, the first four continued to drink for free.
But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.
'I only got a Rupee out of the Rs.20,' declared the sixth man.
He pointed to the tenth man, 'but he got Rs.10!'
'Yeah, that's right,' exclaimed the fifth man.
'I only saved a Rupee, too.
It's unfair that he got ten times more than me!'
'That's true!' shouted the seventh man.
'Why should he get Rs.10 back when I got only two?
The wealthy get all the breaks!'
'Wait a minute,' yelled the first four men in unison.
'We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!'

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat
down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists, and college professors, this is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

Quote from: David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D. Professor of Economics

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not want to understand, no explanation is possible.

:):):)

This message supposedly comes from a Ph.D Professor of Economics. Great analysis right? The message seems so clear that it seems even an explanation is not required. The professor has for sure conservative leanings and believes in minimal government in affairs of business, which propounds the capitalist beliefs of low tax on the rich and wealthy. I think however, the good professor has mixed up theory and reality. Here are some facts :

The proponents of reducing taxes on the rich have to explain how corporations making billions of dollars in taxes pay a lower rate of taxes than an average middle class tax payer. Even the wealthiest individuals do the same. The modus operandi? Take advantage of tax loopholes provided for them for the exact same reasons by laws influenced by the lobbyist.....

Warren Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. Don't believe? Check this link: http://tusb.stanford.edu/2007/07/warren_buffet_has_a_lower_tax.html/comment-page-1

And here's what USA Today reported : 27 giant profitable companies paid no taxes - USA Today Link : http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...-profitable-companies-paid-no-taxes/81399094/

A Forbes report : Tax Increases? Why Facebook's Billion Dollar Income Isn't Taxed (At All) By IRS Link : http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...income-isnt-taxed-at-all-by-irs/#296fa577361c

In short, just don't believe all that you see on TV or read in social media or even newspapers. While I do not believe in Illumanati and secret societies, there is do doubt in my mind however, that we, as individuals are taken for a royal ride by those in power and those who can influence those in power without the ordinary Rahul, Rahim and Robert any wiser.....

My 2C.

DSM

Some great thoughts.....

* A master has failed more times than a beginner has even tried.

* You don't get paid based on how hard you work. You get paid based on how hard you are to replace.

* On mastering a skill : Why get frustrated? Some of these are concepts that took the greatest minds in the world years or decades to discover and you're getting mad that you can't master it in a few tries?

* Why spend time being upset about things that are already over? You can't change the outcome of what has happened. Obsessing about what you wish had happened differently will do nothing for you. Accept it or leave it. But make the rest of your day better."

* Think of people as if they were actors in a play. The ones who play the part of being s*****, are going to go on stage, do their s*** thing, and walk out. Don't let them make you angry, it's just the part they play in your life.

* Don't spend life daydreaming about 'what could be' in a different place or circumstance. Instead, invest your energy in what is right in front of you and see how it can be cultivated into something beautiful. This is called maladaptive daydreaming, and while it seems harmless to daydream about certain things you'd like to happen, it can actually result in some serious problems. Believe it or not, allowing your brain to feel a sense of happiness or accomplishment, without actually doing anything, will slowly train your mind that it doesn't have to work to get rewarded. Sure, the "reward" is small and insignificant and all in your head, but it is a reward. I do this all the time and it's not good. I imagine scenarios, discussions I want to be able to have, jobs I wish I had, romantic moments I wish I had. And yet, I don't do hardly anything to work towards those desires because my attention span, discipline and ability to motivate myself has steadily been decreasing. This is how you develop depression. I'm on that road, but I'm thankful that I'm actually quite introspective and aware of the faults in my style of thinking. Don't fall into a habit of daydreaming. Every time you choose to daydream, you're probably making the chance of it becoming a reality even less. Find the first steps towards achieving your goal and start)

DSM

Some interesting post from social media :

The story of watermelons by Manohar Parrikar:

"I am from the village of Parra in Goa, hence we are called Parrikars. My village is famous for its watermelons. When I was a child, the farmers would organise a watermelon-eating contest at the end of the harvest season in May. All the kids would be invited to eat as many watermelons as they wanted. Years later, I went to IIT Mumbai to study engineering. I went back to my village after 6.5 years.

I went to the market looking for watermelons. They were all gone. The ones that were there were so small. I went to see the farmer who hosted the watermelon-eating contest. His son had taken over. He would host the contest but there was a difference. When the older farmer gave us watermelons to eat he would ask us to spit out the seeds into a bowl. We were told not to bite into the seeds.

He was collecting the seeds for his next crop. We were unpaid child labourers, actually. He kept his best watermelons for the contest and he got the best seeds which would yield even bigger watermelons the next year. His son, when he took over, realised that the larger watermelons would fetch more money in the market so he sold the larger ones and kept the smaller ones for the contest.

The next year, the watermelons were smaller, the year later even small. In watermelons the generation is one year. In seven years, Parra's best watermelons were finished. In humans, generations change after 25 years. It will take us 200 years to figure what we were doing wrong while educating our children."

Great story indeed! Each one of us are responsible to offer our best culture to next generation! Unless we employ our best to train the next generation, this is what can happen to us. We must attract the best into teaching profession". If we don't pass on right things to next generation, they will be misguided.

What Indian advertisements taught me...??

1. Kareena has dandruff problem, Katrina has dry hair problem, Shilpa has hairfall problem

2. If you'r wife is hot, make sure your neighbor doesn't use a deodorant in your absence.

3. Your complexion is more important than your qualifications.

4. If there is no salt in your kitchen you can use Toothpaste.

5. Every second oral care brand is No. 1 and recommended by every dentist in India !!

6. Only reason why men use deodorant is to get girls.

7. Most colas cure all kinds of phobias. You will be close to a superman, if you drink these regularly!!

8. All superstars are so poor that they prefer to risk life for a cold drink than to purchase it for Rs:10

11. The special effects in shampoo ads are greater than special effects in Avatar.

12. Fruit content in shampoo and soap is more than fruit content in 99% of juices.

13. You can't eat Dairy Milk Silk choclate without spreading it all over your face.

14. Nobody uses motorbikes for commuting, its only to pick up girls.

15. People believe that Bacardi makes music CD's and Directors special while Kingfisher makes mineral water.

16. The only thing mothers and daughters talk to each other is usually about hair oil.

17. No matter what kind of expert one is, he'll always wear a white laboratory coat.

Early and late

All problems in life are hinged on two words. 'Early' and 'Late'. We dream too early but act too late. We get angry too early but calm down too late. We misjudge too early but regret too late. We hurt others too early but apologize too late. We cry too early but smile too late. Let us change our attitudes early so that enjoying life will not be too late.

DSM

Food for thought....

There was a bird who lived in the desert, very sick, no feathers, nothing to eat and drink, no shelter to live and kept on cursing his life day and night. One day an Angel was crossing from that desert, bird stopped the Angel and inquired " where are you going?" Angel replied " I am going to meet God".

So bird asked angel ' please ask God when my suffering will come to an end?' Angel said " sure, I will and bid a good bye to bird. Angel reached God's place and shared the message of bird to Him. The angel told God about the pathetic the condition of bird and inquired when the suffering of the bird will going to end? God replied ' for the next seven life times the bird has to suffer like this, no happiness till then'.

Angel said when bird will hear this he will get disheartened could You suggest any solution for this. God replied tell him to recite this mantra ' Thank you God for everything'. Angel met the bird again and delivered the message of God to the bird.

After seven days the Angel was passing again from the same path and saw that bird was so happy, feathers grew up on his body, a small plant grew up in the desert area, a small pond of water was also there, the bird was singing and dancing cheerfully. Angel was astonished how it happened, God told for seven life times there is no happiness for the bird for next seven life times, with this question in mind He went to visit God.

Angel asked his query then God replied yes it was true there was no happiness for the bird for seven life time but because the bird was reciting the mantra' Thank you God for everything' in every situation. When bird fell down on the hot sand it said thank you God for everything, when it could not fly it said thank you God for everything, so whatever the situation may be the bird kept on repeating Thank you God for everything and therefore the seven life times karma got dissolved in seven days.

When I heard this story it landed me in a different energy zone, i felt a tremendous shift in my way of feeling, thinking, accepting and viewing life. I adopted this mantra in my life whatever the situation I faced I started reciting this mantra ' THANK YOU GOD FOR EVERYTHING'. It helped me to shift my view from what i did not have to what i have in my life.

For instance if my head used to pain i thank God rest of my body is completely fine and healthy and i used to feel headache does not used to bother me. In the same manner i started using this mantra in my relationship, finance, love life, social life, business, friends, maids, colleagues and everything with which I can relate. I shared this story with my spouse and children too which brought a great shift in their behaviour.

This simple mantra really had a deep impact in my life, i started feeling how blessed I am, how happy I am, how good life is. The purpose of sharing this message is to make all of us aware how powerful is the power of gratitude is. It can reshape our life.

A simple word, a simple thought, which teaches us to be grateful for everything what we have in our life has power to dissolve the karmic baggage which we are carrying from so many life times. Lets recite this mantra continuously to experience the shift in our life.

DSM

A Zen story :

On a village road, a horse suddenly came galloping quickly down. The man riding it, seemed to be in a hurry as though he had some place important to go. There was another man, who was standing alongside the road, who asked, "Where are you going?" The man on the horse replied, "I don't know! Ask the horse!"

The story may sound strange, but it has a good explanation. The horse symbolizes our habit. The story explains that we have a penchant for activity and live at the mercy of old ingrained habits which have been established not by our intention, but by our surroundings and mindless activity. The horse (habit) keeps pulling us along, making us run here and there and hurry everywhere and we don't even know why. If you stopped to ask yourself from time to time why exactly you're running around so much, sometimes you might have an answer, but it's never a very good one. You're just used to it, it's how we're taught to live.

But as much as we run, it gets us nowhere. We need to learn how to take back the reigns and let the horse know who's boss. You are the boss and have always been the boss. Take charge!!!.

Looking to read on Behavioral Psychology, Motivation, Better Thinking, Decision Making, Mental Toughness, Better Performance, Goal Setting, etc? Check James Clear's incisive thoughts with one collection of best 5 minute articles on the subject. All in one place :

http://jamesclear.com/articles

DSM

The truth of life

After his father's death, the son decided to leave his mother at an old age home and visited her periodically. One day he received a phone from the old age home...."Your mother is serious,..... please come immediately".

The son went and saw his mom was very critical and close to death. He asked: "Mom, is there anything you wish I can do for you"?.

Mom replied... "Please install fans in the old age home, the ones here don't work. Also keep a fridge for the benefit of everyone because many a time I ate the food that was kept overnight without cooling and was spoilt".

With sorrow in his heart, the son asked: Mom, while you were here all these time you never complained till now..... and only when you have a few hours left that you should be telling me all this. Why now?

The mother replied fighting back the tears welling up in her eyes....."It's OK dear, I've managed with the heat, hunger and pain, but should the day come when your children send you here, I'm afraid you may not be able to manage "Truth"

Truth no 1 : Nobody is real in this world unless they stand by you when you need them.

Truth no. 2 : Friends vary with wealth. A poor person has few friends..

Truth no. 3 : People give more importance to good looks than to good thoughts.

Truth no 4 : People respect money not the person..

Truth no 5 : The person you love or trust the most, can hurt you the most !

Truth no 6 : "Truth is Simple, But, The Moment YOU try to Explain it...It becomes difficult"

Truth no 7 : "When you are happy you enjoy the music", but "when you are sad, you understand the lyrics".

Truth no 8 : In life there are only two things that will define you - "Your patience" when you are struggling and "Your attitude" when you have everything. :)

cloudTrader

The truth of life

After his father's death, the son decided to leave his mother at an old age home and visited her periodically. One day he received a phone from the old age home...."Your mother is serious,..... please come immediately".

The son went and saw his mom was very critical and close to death. He asked: "Mom, is there anything you wish I can do for you"?.

Mom replied... "Please install fans in the old age home, the ones here don't work. Also keep a fridge for the benefit of everyone because many a time I ate the food that was kept overnight without cooling and was spoilt".

With sorrow in his heart, the son asked: Mom, while you were here all these time you never complained till now..... and only when you have a few hours left that you should be telling me all this. Why now?

The mother replied fighting back the tears welling up in her eyes....."It's OK dear, I've managed with the heat, hunger and pain, but should the day come when your children send you here, I'm afraid you may not be able to manage "Truth"

Truth no 1 : Nobody is real in this world unless they stand by you when you need them.

Truth no. 2 : Friends vary with wealth. A poor person has few friends..

Truth no. 3 : People give more importance to good looks than to good thoughts.

Truth no 4 : People respect money not the person..

Truth no 5 : The person you love or trust the most, can hurt you the most !

Truth no 6 : "Truth is Simple, But, The Moment YOU try to Explain it...It becomes difficult"

Truth no 7 : "When you are happy you enjoy the music", but "when you are sad, you understand the lyrics".

Truth no 8 : In life there are only two things that will define you - "Your patience" when you are struggling and "Your attitude" when you have everything. :)
The irony is that very few people like to acknowledge the Truth !!