Self Help & Misc. Instresting Stuff.

DSM

TP Good point.

I always make it a point to check for authenticity of an article before I post. This one came as a fw. I Googled around to see the same post in many different places, so assumed that to be true. But as you say there are doubts. Let's see. Time will tell if the family or those close speak out....

DSM, what's your source on this ?

DSM

An interesting story.....

A truck driver was doing his usual load delivery, at a mental hospital, and while parking his vehicle, he discovered a flat tyre. So he jacked up the truck and removed the flat tyre to fix the spare tyre. When he was about to do this, he accidentally dropped all the 4 bolts in the open drain. As he could not fish the bolts from the open drain, he started to panic as to what should be done?

Just then, one patient happened to walk past him, and asked the driver as to why he was looking troubled. The driver thought to himself, since there is nothing much he could do anyway, the truck driver informed the whole incident to the mental patient and gave a helpless look. The patient just laughed at the truck driver and said you just cannot even fix such a simple problem? "No wonder you are destined to remain a truck driver for life".

The truck driver was astonished to hear such reply from a mental patient. "Here is what you can do" he said ... "Take one bolt from each of the remaining 3 wheels and fix it on to this tyre. Then drive down to the nearest workshop and replace the missing ones. Isn't it simple my friend?". The truck driver was so impressed with this quick fix answer and asked the patient "How come you are so smart and intelligent and you are still here at the mental hospital?"

The patient replied "Hello friend! I stay here because I am crazy, but am not stupid".

On a lighter note :

My neighbor's wife texted me, "I am new on whatsapp.. Any idea what does IDK, LY, TTYL mean...?"

I replied: "I don't know, Love You, Talk To You Later !"

She replied: "No problem. I'll ask my son.. Love you too.. "

DSM

DSM

From Quora :

An old teacher of mine told me a story that stuck with me the rest of my life:

A pottery teacher split her class into two halves.

To the first half she said, "You will spend the semester studying pottery, planning, designing, and creating your perfect pot. At the end of the semester, there will be a competition to see whose pot is the best".

To the other half she said, "You will spend your semester making lots of pots. Your grade will be based on the number of completed pots you finish. At the end of the semester, you'll also have the opportunity to enter your best pot into a competition."

The first half of the class threw themselves into their research, planning, and design. Then they set about creating their one, perfect pot for the competition.

The second half of the class immediately grabbed fistfulls of clay and started churning out pots. They made big ones, small ones, simple ones, and intricate ones. Their muscles ached for weeks as they gained the strength needed to throw so many pots.

At the end of class, both halves were invited to enter their most perfect pot into the competition. Once the votes were counted, all of the best pots came from the students that were tasked with quantity. The practice they gained made them significantly better potters than the planners on a quest for a single, perfect pot.

In life, the best way to learn a skill, is to take time to think and plan ahead but also make a lots of pots.... :)

DSM

Vertigo_1985

From Quora :

An old teacher of mine told me a story that stuck with me the rest of my life:

A pottery teacher split her class into two halves.

To the first half she said, "You will spend the semester studying pottery, planning, designing, and creating your perfect pot. At the end of the semester, there will be a competition to see whose pot is the best".

To the other half she said, "You will spend your semester making lots of pots. Your grade will be based on the number of completed pots you finish. At the end of the semester, you'll also have the opportunity to enter your best pot into a competition."

The first half of the class threw themselves into their research, planning, and design. Then they set about creating their one, perfect pot for the competition.

The second half of the class immediately grabbed fistfulls of clay and started churning out pots. They made big ones, small ones, simple ones, and intricate ones. Their muscles ached for weeks as they gained the strength needed to throw so many pots.

At the end of class, both halves were invited to enter their most perfect pot into the competition. Once the votes were counted, all of the best pots came from the students that were tasked with quantity. The practice they gained made them significantly better potters than the planners on a quest for a single, perfect pot.

In life, the best way to learn a skill, is to take time to think and plan ahead but also make a lots of pots.... :)
hmmm... i guess teacher was aware of outcome so shouldnt all students be learning the best way possible ? a semester is too long teaching someone a way they shudnt follow.
Totally agree with the conclusion but the example lacks intelligence.

DSM

Vertigo,

Stories are only to give a message, don't look for logic. :):):)

hmmm... i guess teacher was aware of outcome so shouldnt all students be learning the best way possible ? a semester is too long teaching someone a way they shudnt follow.
Totally agree with the conclusion but the example lacks intelligence.

DSM

Dax Devil

No, my friend, this is not by Sun Tzu. Can't be. There is no profoundness, no beauty of wisdom in it. It is a drivel with 'I' this 'I' that. And it can only come from some con artist like anthony robbins. Of late, it's becoming fad to put sh*t out on net under the name of some dead great man just to garner more traffic or more LIKES. Sad really.

Here for example is Sun Tzu's hallmark thought clarity:

“If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”

DSM