Secure your PC from Malware, Spyware and Adware!

vasa1

I would suggest this combo---

Anti virus:- Avg or Kaspersky
Sypware remover:- Ad-aware pro
Firewall:- Zone alarm pro

And never use internet explorer :D
Sadly, many sites require Internet Explorer :mad:.

The ICICIPrudential Mutual Fund "Prutracker" is one such which even requires you to enable ActiveX: a known hazard.

The BSE Portfolio Manager behaves differently when you log on with IE or Firefox. I'm sure there are other "Indian" sites written with IE in mind and which are not browser-independent.

my choice...

antivrus and antispyware.... zone alarm pro
boot sector freeze.........................deepfreeze
browsers .............................. ie 7 and firefox.

regards
suba

THIS IS HOW i DO IT:

I have set up my computer with all the software and settings that I require, after that:

I use no anti virus.
I use no anti spyware programs either.

Instead of all that crap slowing down my computer what I Use is this: http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/

This is free for personal use. What this software does is that while it is running, all changes made to your system partition will be in virtual space only. So all you have to do is reboot to get your system back as it was if ever you have a problem with virus or spyware etc.

vasa1

THIS IS HOW i DO IT:

I have set up my computer with all the software and settings that I require, after that:

I use no anti virus.
I use no anti spyware programs either.

Instead of all that crap slowing down my computer what I Use is this: http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/

This is free for personal use. What this software does is that while it is running, all changes made to your system partition will be in virtual space only. So all you have to do is reboot to get your system back as it was if ever you have a problem with virus or spyware etc.
Will check that out! Meanwhile, I'm using Sandboxie which does nearly the same thing :).

To be safe I also run AVG (frequently updated).