SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

TraderRavi

low risk profile
People could always have money that could have been gifted to them... this is getting more absurd day by day.
sebi or brokers ke tu kar tu kar ke chakkar mein kuch nahi hoga. jaisa hai waisa hi chalega. inse kuch na ho payega. banate raho naye naye rules. ground level pe inse implement na ho payega.

If investors give evidence of liquid assets such as bonds,shares,bank deposits etc then based on this data his broker can determing the liquid networth.....no need for CA to certify.

IT Returns could be another indication. Investor can prepare his balance sheet himself and give evidence of various assets....not very difficult for brokers.

When I opened account with Interactive Brokers, they had minimum liquid networth critaria and when the evidence of the assets was furnished, they accepted and there was no need for CA certificate...something similar brokers need to do.

Smart_trade
True. I showed the list of FD's shown on the Interest Certificate provided by my bank, so that should be good enough for all brokers. SEBI shouldn't impose additional costs on retail traders, who SEBI is supposedly trying to "protect", by requiring CA certification & what not.

Satya.

Received a notification from my broker - (sigh of relief for options buyers?)
"Termination of Margin Lending from Sep 1, 2018

Dear Client,

Effective September 1, 2018, Interactive Brokers (India) Private Limited will no longer offer margin lending for accounts it carries. Accordingly, you will be required to maintain sufficient cash in your account to pay for all NSE stocks purchases in full. In addition, the margin required for NSE derivative positions (i.e., options and futures contracts) will have to be met with cash.

This change requires repayment of your current INR loan (if applicable) by October 1, 2018. Repayment can be made by depositing funds and/or closing the stock positions securing the loan. Please note that Interactive Brokers (India) Private Limited reserves the right to liquidate positions in your account should you fail to take these steps in a timely manner.

We appreciate your understanding of this policy decision and cooperation with loan repayment (if applicable).

Regards,

Interactive Brokers Client Services "
that means slowly every broker will send such email i.e,
trade 100% in cash,leverage days are gone

superman

Bloomberg and other channels are noticing it. The worst impact will be brokers

They are sitting tight right without any protests ,, Especially heavy weights like HDFC, ICICI , Kotak ,Zerodha etc, let me see how these will survive without us .

We traders will find some other job, what will these brokers do ? Cant they know we are their source of income and they should lawyer up and fight for us ? Just imagine the loss of employment in brokerage industry if retailers quit by frustration !

Bloomberg and other channels are noticing it. The worst impact will be brokers

They are sitting tight right without any protests ,, Especially heavy weights like HDFC, ICICI , Kotak ,Zerodha etc, let me see how these will survive without us .

We traders will find some other job, what will these brokers do ? Cant they know we are their source of income and they should lawyer up and fight for us ? Just imagine the loss of employment in brokerage industry if retailers quit by frustration !
It concerns only individuals or also companies? IF companies arent affected would it be a way to start a LLC and trade on it?