SEBI's new move to cut retailers participation in F&O!

monkeybusiness

Whatever SEBI might want to do, it is bound to face legal scrutiny. Right to work is a fundamental right guaranteed under constitution and SEBI or anyone else can't take away that right. And in an election year, I think that the government will also not like push these stupid norms which can generate lot of negative sentiments, specially in the western part of the country . Let's wait and see what happens.
This govt is too power drunk to feel any resentments towards it's policies.

hitesh05

if someone has 1 Lakh in his account then can he purchase that much of shares for day trading?

Let's fight the case in Court together when there is no option other than quit trading or dabba trading!

Many small traders are living with leverages. Due to lots of unemployment or low salary, many people are involved in trading over the last few years. Some of them are earning for living too. Due to the small capital in initial days they are hugely depending on leverage.

The above-said petitioner said if required may fight the case in supreme court or high court.
He, created a whats app group in this regard. Here it is,

"In order to enable that we need to communicate with each other, so here's our WhatsApp group -

https://chat.whatsapp.com/8kIzlaQG08s5j9bzsKm6pV

Feel free to join."

[Note moderators can delete above link, it is already inside the petition. I just share that group here bcoz our trading profession is in danger, we need to fight together to protect our profession of trading.]

He said together as a group it will be easy to share the cost of fighting. It's better to connect with him to teach a lesson to SEBI.

Personally, as a pro trader I used very high selectively (increase the position size when there is favorable risk-reward). Those are jackpot trades. Without those occasional jackpots (high leveraged low-risk high trades) trading might be meaningless for me.

So, I am with the above-said petitioner too. We must share some cost to fight the case. Together the cost will be very less.

We must actively support that petitioner.

It is better we share some profit when our profession is in danger. After all, this profession gave us those profits/earnings. So for the sake of our trading profession, lets fight.
We must use some profit now to fight the case together, just like the cost of a stop loss(to prevent bigger loss).

I hope some TJ member are serious to fight the case together. After all, what is the use of such a community, if we can't make the fight together when our back is against the wall?

It's time to fight together to teach SEBI a real lesson that we traders are not helpless.
Most of us who survived in this field (after lots of up and down) have special willpower, we are a fighter.

At least, I am with the petitioner. I will fight together.
Hi @headstrong007, can you please repost the link to the whatsapp group? I am unable to access it.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Hi @headstrong007, can you please repost the link to the whatsapp group? I am unable to access it.
Hi he is an active member in tradingqna forum. He shared his mobile there. U can whats app the number to request add in the group if the following link is not working (Same link is given by him underneath the post in the petition.)

https://chat.whatsapp.com/8kIzlaQG08s5j9bzsKm6pV

Avi_Garg WhatsApp number is 9560606861

He shared it here,
https://tradingqna.com/t/sebi-plans-to-cap-our-margin-on-our-net-worth/44541/36

This is Zerodha forum thread, moderators can delete it. But I have shared it as our profession in danger. We need to do something together.

By the way, many members there are already flooded sebi email with grievances related to this issue.
Anyone else who’s interested in doing so can write on [email protected]
Traders who are living with leverages at least let SEBI know.

Last edited: