SEBI allowed to extend F&O trading till 11:55 p.m from Oct. 1.

I agree with the general knowledge aspects affecting market direction. @headstrong007, do you also think option buyers will be effected even if they book low? Like in the 7 to 10% bracket?
More specifically if current profit loss target is 7-10%. We have to reduce it percentage wise, depending on how much movement size is decreasing.
Say Average intraday movement is about 30% now, where u are targetting 7-10% which is 20-30% of total movement. Now, movement size reduced to 20%, your target will also be going to reduce in the same percentage, ie 20-30% of 20% is only 4-6%.
We, need to find out the possible effect on new movement in percentage first, then we need to adjust all things mathematically. :)
This is a nice explanation actually. And it would be fun to actually sync it in line with the new price moves.

Sent from my SM-J210F using Tapatalk

Just-Trade

I feel the daily range would be doubled. There wont be much gap up or down opening but while evening, the market would definitely try to sync with the big moves of US indices. We have seen the daily ranges in S&P is almost of double than the nifty.

Just-Trade

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
IMO daily range is going to increase as,

MORE OFTEN THAN NOT INTRADAY PRICE MOVEMENTS DRIVEN BY VARIOUS INFLUENTIAL NEWS AND EVENTS WHICH CHANGES THE MARKET SENTIMENTS.
Many such news-events come after 3:30 PM which will drive the price further.

For example,

• Many earning reports are released after 3:30 pm (usually 4-6 pm). Earning report from Biggies changes the sentiment and creates instant big move on Index Futures.
  • Final vote results and exit poll etc come after our market closing.
  • Many big news comes @ night like like demonization news @8pm etc. Just think the possible one-way big move during such announcement. :pp Missed that night trade.
  • Various key Indian Macroeconomic key decision released just after market closing.
  • US EU major macroeconomic data will also drive our market @Night.
  • And consider any other sudden major geopolitical news too which come most unexpectedly aftermarket.
Day traders are missing such opportunities. No more missing such missing opportunity for day traders. 9AM-11:55PM is long enough to cover most of Indian News events. :D

Hi,
If you read the press news from SGX 19.2.2018 they wanna create maybe somethynig like cross-connection between SGX-NSE.
link
http://www.sgx.com/wps/wcm/connect/...leases/update_on_sgx_india_equity_derivatives
Concurrently, SGX will continue to work with NSE to develop a link that will allow international market participants to trade on NSE’s International Exchange (NSE IFSC Limited) in Gujarat International Finance Tech (GIFT) city – International Financial Services Centre, while managing their clearing exposures through SGX. SGX believes that such a link will increase participation in GIFT and on SGX.
both sides will benefit from it.I hope there's a lot of smart people in NSE.

headstrong007

Someone observed, SEBI had approved. Will NSE implement it?
We traders very good for smart guesses, what do you think after reading the reaction from BSE & NSE Chief, I have posted Beginning of the thread? :DD

I think the extending of the trading hour is almost certainty, bcoz of another reason,
we know NSE BSE is going to launch Commodity very soon(from Oct1 or after that) which will open till 11:55 PM. So they will be ready for extending hour also. So why not Stock F&O for 11:55PM?
Now, NSE & BSE jointly want that. :D

Also, in most of the world derivative runs much longer hour than cash market close. Many future contracts like dow future run almost 24-7. I still saw some people in tv demanding 24-7 is the ideal time. :p I think 11:55PM is enough.

Last edited:

headstrong007

No way..With flood of discount brokers I do not see extended hours would be implemented in near future.
When both NSE-BSE want something, it does not matter much about brokers. They will have to follow it.
The commodity is already running till 11:55 PM so the brokerage world is not going to end by this move. They will manage.

I request to all, listen to the NSE Chief reactions especially those who have doubt of implementation.

Now guess the probability of extending trading time! :playful: