Sbi atm card fraud

TraderRavi

low risk profile
online shopping not likely.

debit card must be either VISA or mstercard.

if its VISA - you need to enter Verified by VISA code for authorizing all online transactions. Iam sure master card too must have this second level of authentication.

Swipe transaction:
and recently i heard that ATM PIN is compulsory for all POS (point of sale)/swipe transactions at merchant locations.
sbi debit cum atm card has no second level of authentication , just atm no and pin. I searched net and there are many similar complaints in which fkers posed as sbi officials and then customers account money used for online shopping. but may be they can't make a card to be used at atm machine for cash withdrawal :confused:

Have u blocked the ATM card ? if yes,they will give ticket number. Once the card blocked it can't be used..
Pls make it confirm by calling sbi atm switch centre...( u will find it on backside of the card)
New card will be delivered in 15 days and collect at PIN number at the Branch..
Pls educate ur father about these type of frauds...
If anybody gets our atm along with PIN, he can draw amount at Green channel counter (GCC) at any SBI Branch itself...No need of ATM also..
Pls be careful...
If u won't get ATM Card in time, u can send UNHAPPY sms (Number can be displayed at every branch of sbi).., after receving sms the call centre guys immediately call to ur number and register ur complaint.then it will be solved in quick time..
Safe banking...

AFORASTRO

internet banking is not enabled , and may be they will issue a new atm card now.
if internet banking is not enabled than .no fear of online shopping.And shopping through atm cum debit card is also not possible as your father's atm card has been blocked and every atm card has unique no. and also they have to enter the atm pin during transaction so i think situation is under control...and sirji trading kab start kar rahe ho...

TraderRavi

low risk profile
if internet banking is not enabled than .no fear of online shopping.And shopping through atm cum debit card is also not possible as your father's atm card has been blocked and every atm card has unique no. and also they have to enter the atm pin during transaction so i think situation is under control...and sirji trading kab start kar rahe ho...
it will be known only on monday if any damage done as tomorrow is sunday :mad::mad:

stock72

TR ,

1)What will happen if u do some online transfer with giving wrong details till the system block the subject card /ac?
2) in Monday morning as a first step move all money to other account ..

online shopping not likely.

debit card must be either VISA or mstercard.

if its VISA - you need to enter Verified by VISA code for authorizing all online transactions. Iam sure master card too must have this second level of authentication.

Swipe transaction:
and recently i heard that ATM PIN is compulsory for all POS (point of sale)/swipe transactions at merchant locations.
Verified by VISA etc., are mandated only in India and only based on the clearing house. A fraudster can use it on a site which does not necessitate this.