Samsung PC Suite does not work - C5212

Hello techies,

I have this old phone Samsung C5212. I want to transfer the data to my laptop but am unable to do so. The older Samsung PC Suite installs ok but hangs on execution. Tried installing/running using "Run as administrator" and various compatibility options.

So how do I transfer data from this phone to my computer ?? Haven't found any workable solution using google.

travi

Hello techies,

I have this old phone Samsung C5212. I want to transfer the data to my laptop but am unable to do so. The older Samsung PC Suite installs ok but hangs on execution. Tried installing/running using "Run as administrator" and various compatibility options.

So how do I transfer data from this phone to my computer ?? Haven't found any workable solution using google.
1st Guess:
I've used PC suite a long time ago and apparently without it you cant access the phone data.
Lets stick to this for a while.

Solution 1: Quick
Right-click the Samsung Suite Icon > compatibility > Compatibility mode
under that
Rus as : windows xp (with SP1,2,3 etc) or any other windows version which is compatible

Solution 2: You might get a VMware or Virtualbox of win XP or other compatible OS and try running it on virtual and see if that works.

Solution 3: I'd have suggested if u have an old drive (and a desktop pc), u can temp install compatible OS for this purpose.

Q1 :Any logs etc generated that can give more info ?
Q2: While connecting USB, drivers used to get installed, is that part working fine?
Check in device manager while u plug and unplug.

Tried all kinds of compatibility things, doesn't work. The software hangs.

Found one version of PC suite that doesn't hang, but that too does not recognize the phone (it's a very old phone : 2009-10 ).

Connects in "Mass storage" mode ok, can browse and work the files, but the phone book, messages etc. are unreachable.

1st Guess:
I've used PC suite a long time ago and apparently without it you cant access the phone data.
Lets stick to this for a while.

Solution 1: Quick
Right-click the Samsung Suite Icon > compatibility > Compatibility mode
under that
Rus as : windows xp (with SP1,2,3 etc) or any other windows version which is compatible

Solution 2: You might get a VMware or Virtualbox of win XP or other compatible OS and try running it on virtual and see if that works.

Solution 3: I'd have suggested if u have an old drive (and a desktop pc), u can temp install compatible OS for this purpose.

Q1 :Any logs etc generated that can give more info ?
Q2: While connecting USB, drivers used to get installed, is that part working fine?
Check in device manager while u plug and unplug.

travi

Found one version of PC suite that doesn't hang, but that too does not recognize the phone (it's a very old phone : 2009-10 ).

Connects in "Mass storage" mode ok, can browse and work the files, but the phone book, messages etc. are unreachable.
Since mass storage works, its definitely not a driver issue.
Then you can try running those PC Suite on XP using Solution 2 or 3 and see what happens.

Since mass storage works, its definitely not a driver issue.
Then you can try running those PC Suite on XP using Solution 2 or 3 and see what happens.
The PC Suite is working ok, but shows "Not connected" where the phone is connected through USB or Bluetooth. Maybe it needs some lower version of the PC suite (the one I am using is 3.2.1)

travi

The PC Suite is working ok, but shows "Not connected" where the phone is connected through USB or Bluetooth. Maybe it needs some lower version of the PC suite (the one I am using is 3.2.1)
I think that PC Suite version is way higher and could be the reason. It says 1.5.1.1
Check this page out:
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/model/GT-C5212WBIINS

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c...0227100255781/New_PC_Studio_1.5.1.10064_2.exe

travi

Thanks.. tried it That one hangs too. Will try once again as Sunday timepass :)

Waiting for a reply from samsung customer care, else may have to take it to the service centre, as the chat guy said.
:thumb:
that hangs bcos of win 8 right?
If you don't have Internet data crunch, you cud give it a shot on win xp else the service center maybe able to help.

:thumb:
that hangs bcos of win 8 right?
If you don't have Internet data crunch, you cud give it a shot on win xp else the service center maybe able to help.
What do you mean "give it a shot on win xp" ?? I would have to go around looking for a PC which has win xp..