Safe Broker for Portfolio Size 10 to 20 lacs

Hi all,

I want to know.. which brokerage firm is highly safe and trusted in India..

I have short listed some stock and would like to buy it and create portfolio around 10 LACS initially.. and then within six month I will add more 5 lacs it. it will reach 15 Lac.

Which broker is safe and trusted in india.. ?

SBI CAP SECURITIES, SHAREKHAN or ETC..?

as I heard that, SBI CAP SECURITIES is managing by private company.. so it is not more GOVT organization. I dont want someone do illegal transaction or transfer my stock into his/her account or any fraud activity.

Thanks.

TradeJoker

Discount broker,Zerodha is safe so far for me, HO directly dealing everything.
Geojit it is another broker can trust,first broker with internet trading

Last edited:
I have accounts in HDFCSec, RKSV, Ventura...
HDFCsec is safe ....But brokarage is very high. For 10k transaction u have to spend 140 rupess approx brokarage and tax . ICICI charge is more than this. But as a big bank u can trust on them. Sometimes they will charge you AMC(Annual Maintainance charge), without prior notification they will deduct amount from ur bank A/C. They wil not touch ur funds without ur call.

If u go for zerodha , RKSV, thr charge is less than big banking houses.

I open account in ventura because of its prepaid facility. Pay 5000 while open an account with them...they will return the amount in end of year. If exceed the amount of brokarage they will call and ask for more money through cheque.

just read the reviews from investors and decide yourself

tradedatrend

As I am long term investor.. so brokerage charges is not important than safety. I am waiting more answer from senior member
In long run 'Brokerage Charges' is one of the (if not only) most important thing.

Choose any discount broker.

At any given day NSE is here to compensate you upto Rs. 10 Lakh if broker defaults.

Depending upon your city (because you can visit their office now and then whenever you wish, seeing their infrastructure and setup gives you confidence) you can choose any Discount Broker, at least they won't eat your capital like termite (which most of the big broker does).

If Delhi based, can go to SAS Online, if Mumbai based can go to RKSV, if Bangalore based can to go Zerodha and so on.

Never ever dream or dare to go to any 'branded' broker, they are white collar criminals.

praveen98

Hi all,

I have short listed some stock and would like to buy it and create portfolio around 10 LACS initially.. and then within six month I will add more 5 lacs it. it will reach 15 Lac.

as I heard that, SBI CAP SECURITIES is managing by private company.. so it is not more GOVT organization. I dont want someone do illegal transaction or transfer my stock into his/her account or any fraud activity.

Thanks.
Hi,
If your worry is about safety of stocks bought for building the portfolio....then it is @ same level of safety with all the brokers....as the stocks will be in demat form and will be under the custody of Depositories....(NSDL and CDSL)...and not in the custody of brokers...
If your worry is about the money you need to transfer to broker's accounts (except bank and broker sister concerns like icici direct, hdfc securities,axis direct,kotak securities)...then go for bank..broker sister concerns....so that you will not be required to transfer money to broker's account...as you are saying brokerage is a not a worry for you...
If you are a very long term investor...and want to keep your stocks with your self ..i think you can go for Re Materialization also... ( i am not sure about it..please confirm from your DP)
But you need to dematerialize the same whenever you want to liquidate your portfolio...
please visit the following link...to know more info about Depositories ....
https://www.cdslindia.com/investors/individual-investors.html
https://eservices.nsdl.com/SecureWeb/index.jsp
Best Regards:thumb:

Last edited:

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I think zerodha is fits the criteria of safety and is affordable as well. they started offering their own demat now, and equity delivery brokerage is absolutely free.
Icici direct is also safe but The problem is if u have stocks worth more than 10 lakhs, u will get lot of annoying calls from them, regarding prepaid brokerage,wealth management service etc.etc
regards.:)

mohan.sic

Hi all,

Thanks.
If safety is only concern, open a online ac with icici or hdfc sec where only you can access your ac. you will be safe from unauthorized trades of broker rm's/dealers.

Forget about who is good/ bad broker, Or who is discount broker. Today's good broker can be tomorrows bad one. So what is important is the product ( ac type )you choose. If you wan 100% safety then access should remain only with you.