Running account authorization and power of attorney

Hi friends,
I want to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of signing and not signing running account authorization and power of attorney for online trading platform from an investors point of view........and from a traders point of view.

Just got another question. There are many softwares for trading. Are these useful and accurate? Are these softwares useful for investing?

Thanks in advance.

Hi friends,
I want to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of signing and not signing running account authorization and power of attorney for online trading platform from an investors point of view........and from a traders point of view.

Just got another question. There are many softwares for trading. Are these useful and accurate? Are these softwares useful for investing?

Thanks in advance.
If you are just an investor, you don't really require a software, just a web version should do..

POA is mandatory for online trading and if you don't sign the running account authorization, the broker will keep sending you back funds whenever you sell.. You will have to transfer back to take a new stock, can be a painful proces..

If you are just an investor, you don't really require a software, just a web version should do..

POA is mandatory for online trading and if you don't sign the running account authorization, the broker will keep sending you back funds whenever you sell.. You will have to transfer back to take a new stock, can be a painful proces..
First of all thanks for answering. This is a very amateurish question that I am asking but like I am intending to invest in the first year or two to get a hold of the market......so as you said that the broker will keep sending you back funds....but thats what a person wants? Like say invest in RIL for 10 months and then when I sell it, then the broker gives the funds back.

First of all thanks for answering. This is a very amateurish question that I am asking but like I am intending to invest in the first year or two to get a hold of the market......so as you said that the broker will keep sending you back funds....but thats what a person wants? Like say invest in RIL for 10 months and then when I sell it, then the broker gives the funds back.
When you sell a stock, you will get funds in any case.. If you don't sign the running account authorization you will get it into your bank account and then you will have to transfer it back to the trading account to purchase other stocks.. If you sign it, the funds will come to your trading account and then you can purchase other stocks immediately..

When you sell a stock, you will get funds in any case.. If you don't sign the running account authorization you will get it into your bank account and then you will have to transfer it back to the trading account to purchase other stocks.. If you sign it, the funds will come to your trading account and then you can purchase other stocks immediately..
Thanks man for answering. This is one of the forums where a newbie hardly gets an answer, even if answered, it is done in weeks. Thanks once again.

Thanks man for answering. This is one of the forums where a newbie hardly gets an answer, even if answered, it is done in weeks. Thanks once again.
That is so true. Part of the reason behind that is many spam/illogical posts that crop up and the same are not trashed by mods. I hope they are listening.