Rocket Stocks for Swing and Positional

prabhsingh

Not sure why you using 200EMA and not 200MA because what i have observed is that most successful traders make use of EMA for shorter duration and MA for longer timeframe.So for e.g,20EMA and then we have 100MA,200MA etc.Just my thoughts.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Not sure why you using 200EMA and not 200MA because what i have observed is that most successful traders make use of EMA for shorter duration and MA for longer timeframe.So for e.g,20EMA and then we have 100MA,200MA etc.Just my thoughts.
Just to giving weightage to recent price than price a year ago.Comfortable with that.Even on intrady 5 min chart I use the same 200 EMA.Seen that price is reacting near those levels.Even in commodity.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Swing Idea : Have created a search criteria for stocks closing above 2.5 StDev on the upper bollinger on the daily chart.
Search Link : https://chartink.com/screener/upper-bollinger-close.
My observation Stocks that close above the upper bollinger slightly shows sign of strength.If they close way past the 2.5 Stdev then it retraces and then resumes the trend. For this criteria I have found HCLTECH and MGL. MGL was already above the 200 EMA and was consolidating.
HCLTech also has MACD crossover above the zero line.

Note : This is another idea I wanted to test.Hence not trading it.

View attachment 33050
View attachment 33051
Swing Update : MGL moved nicely after retracement as I mentioned earlier.The next day it opened beyond StDev 2.5 which is not sustainable.Hence had to retrace.Now it is showing sign of strength.
1549367128815.png

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Sing Idea Update :Though HCLTech moved on without testing the 200 EMA after break Infatel has tested and held the 200 EMA on the daily chart.Infratel can be used for swing and intraday in the direction of the trend.

View attachment 33156
View attachment 33157
Swing Update : Infratel After testing the 200 EMA around 288 for 4 days.It zoomed up and closed above the 300 round number.
1549551791552.png

Hi Sanju,

First of all, thanks a lot for sharing all this wonderful knowledge and educating everyone. Really appreciate your effort.
I was just trying to filter the stocks through your method and came up with Divis lab for monthly.

1549790621127.png

Went on to do FA and most of the things look good though, there were a couple of red flags found:
- Negative Debt Equity ratio
- Decline in Revenue, Profits, EPS and Free Cash Flow on an annual basis (Although the company has returned better figures from the last 2 quarters)

Will be great if you can advise and suggest if the analysis needs to be improved.

Regards,

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Hi Sanju,

First of all, thanks a lot for sharing all this wonderful knowledge and educating everyone. Really appreciate your effort.
I was just trying to filter the stocks through your method and came up with Divis lab for monthly.

View attachment 33298

Went on to do FA and most of the things look good though, there were a couple of red flags found:
- Negative Debt Equity ratio
- Decline in Revenue, Profits, EPS and Free Cash Flow on an annual basis (Although the company has returned better figures from the last 2 quarters)

Will be great if you can advise and suggest if the analysis needs to be improved.

Regards,
MACD has made a new high so I would be bullish on this one.Yes looks they are reducing their borrowings from the following screenshots.
1549795283760.png

1549801671427.png

Last edited:

iwillwin

Swing Update : MGL moved nicely after retracement as I mentioned earlier.The next day it opened beyond StDev 2.5 which is not sustainable.Hence had to retrace.Now it is showing sign of strength.
View attachment 33175
Mgl and igl are good stocks to tap city has distribution story.... going fwd gas will play a major role in transportation....this will also help reduce our dependence on crude import