Rocket Stocks for Swing and Positional

andal

It depends on the instrument chosen. Once the direction and momentum is established.There are various ways one can trade this depending on the risk profile.Go long in Cash,futures,buy call or sell a put.Stop Loss needs to be there.But I personally am not in favor of moving stops to breakeven.It gives comfort that you are having a risk free trade but in reality that means that you are not ready to accept the risk which you originally planned.
Once your target is achieved you can remove 1/3rd or 1/4 of your position and if you feel the upmove still has momentum.Then you can go breakeven with the remaining position.
Thanks for your views.
I am looking from a positional or long term perspective. Problem with me is once the share is in loss, I have never got rid of it and I keep holding it forever thinking it will come back to original buy price.
My point is if i put SL at breakeven and if it hits and goes lower, then I can re-enter at lower price. on the flip side, if it never goes down after hitting SL, I might miss the opportunity. After going through some pain, I feel it is always better to be safe in a investment than leaving it open for losses

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Even I'm holding infratel...

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Please do understand that I am giving only one of the framework on how to take swings. So that others can develop a similar approach with their own variations. I may not trade all the opportunities that arise owing to capital / risk requirements. Please use the posts for studying and refine your strategy.