Robots is good or not

jagankris

:lol: keep your trading terminology for some newbies.

No use with us..dont worry..okay...

btw you can post one of those MANY succesful strategies .. some one could help in codng.
Ha Ha Ha don't worry it is not for you expert. :rofl:
And you need not poke unnecessarily and lecture me what I should do.
And mind your own business and stay away.

mohan.sic

Ha Ha Ha don't worry it is not for you expert. :rofl:
And you need not poke unnecessarily and lecture me what I should do.
And mind your own business and stay away.
Thats okay man..I am not interested in lecturing you.:)

i am only asking you to lecture us on those strategies with consistent returns.
you said there are many..give some idea on few of them.

jagankris

Thats okay man..I am not interested in lecturing you.:)

i am only asking you to lecture us on those strategies with consistent returns.
you said there are many..give some idea on few of them.
Who is that us ? :rofl: I am not here to lecture "us" and
I am not interested in discussing with people like you.
Stay away.

Last edited:

mohan.sic

Who is that us ? :rofl: I am not here to lecture "us" and
I am not interested in discussing with people like you.
Stay away.
dont you have anything more than this.

you say there are many strategies which are consistent and now cant even reply like a trader.
you cant even mention few. I am being very specific and what are you doing.

..just be specific about the topic or stay calm ...no need to say stay away.

after all i just asked you to discuss what you claimed. show it or you rethink.

us --- me and other traders who dont have such amazing strategy.

Last edited:

alroyraj

mafialive,

Its simple. If at all there is such robot no one would sell it.

But there are some ideas which will work for algo trading. Those ideas cant be implemented in manual trading. And again it cant be 100% algo.
Because any algo strategy can give consistent result only if it is put on ( strart ) at certain market levels . But the same algo strategy if allowed to trade the whole day may not give consistent results.
Hi Mohan,
Coming back to your original argument, yes there is a difference between discretionary and algorithms strategies. Since very few on this forum have reached the point where we have automated out algorithms by and large we are discretionary traders.
Again on your classification of algorithms majority do focus on intraday . Symphony offers preset strategies for scalping, range breakout etc which we cannot modify and these are exchange approved so what you say has some merit that they may work for some but not all time periods.
This forum has amazing material of all types of strategies including profitable ones like opening range breakout, breakouts, sar strategies and breakout of daily ranges , breakout on nr7, nr 21. It depends on your preference n risk temperament. Automation is no shortcut it comes on top on what we usually do and needs backtesting n validation as the edge fades over time. And you need to read up a lot to find which one your tempers and allows you to trade.
Positional systems based on moving averages give good returns but as far as automating these I am not sure. It would work with symphony but here is where most of discretionary traders come in. Some providers offer this I have not enquired though.

Last edited:

mohan.sic

Hi Mohan,
Coming back to your original argument, yes there is a difference between discretionary and algorithms strategies. Since very few on this forum have reached the point where we have automated out algorithms by and large we are discretionary traders.
Again on your classification of algorithms majority do focus on intraday . Symphony offers preset strategies for scalping, range breakout etc which we cannot modify and these are exchange approved so what you say has some merit that they may work for some but not all time periods.
This forum has amazing material of all types of strategies including profitable ones like opening range breakout, breakouts, sar strategies and breakout of daily ranges , breakout on nr7, nr 21. It depends on your preference n risk temperament. Automation is no shortcut it comes on top on what we usually do and needs backtesting n validation as the edge fades over time. And you need to read up a lot to find which one your tempers and allows you to trade.
Positional systems based on moving averages give good returns but as gas as automating these I am not sure. It would work with symphony but here is where most of discretionary traders come in. Some providers offer this I have not enquired though.
Did i really argue ?:)

Below mentioned are not my views. These are Obsevations and i think you too have come across such views..

Strategy = A+B. ( A is entry/exit rules and B is Phychology/MM )

A famous View : Strategy is important. BUT Trading Discipline/ Money Management or broadly Phychology plays the most important role in trading success.
Trader is not successful because he lacks discipline and MM. When he is perfect in these, he attains success.

Pls tell me your openion on this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*When I am on driving seat they say you make accidents because you dont follow driving rules ( No human being can follow 100 rules at one point of time )

*I bought a robot for driving the car ( it follows all rules and has no emotions) but still accidents happen and they say accidents happen because its robot and it cant read human mind which is driving on other side.

I agree, this is not a perfect example but its ok if u read my intent. :)

Last edited:

vijayanscbe

Symphony offers preset strategies for scalping, range breakout etc which we cannot modify
One thing that i cant understand, why the Americans comes to India and sets the properity trading firms, recruiting the people to do manual trading ????? ,
That too in american markets.

these are exchange approved so what you say has some merit that they may work
I think exchange approved to use the program, They approved because the program wont do any damage to the exchange servers or no malicious things in it , not for the profitability.

alroyraj

One thing that i cant understand, why the Americans comes to India and sets the properity trading firms, recruiting the people to do manual trading ????? ,

I think exchange approved to use the program, They approved because the program wont do any damage to the exchange servers or no malicious things in it , not for the profitability.
Symphony fintech is an Indian company. It has evolved slowly given the lack of supporting regulation and lack of innovation by Indian brokers barring sharekhan, zerodha and rksv. So what they provide is great considering the lack of options. Also given some people have some fear on sharing their strategy that's why they hire foreign freelancers to code plugins.

mohan.sic

HFT is not so simple trading activity. These traders need strong mathematical and analytical skills. Big prop firms recruit from reputed institutions and people with very strong edu background. Its cheaper to hire an IIT'ian in india than hiring a guy from reputed College in US.

yes they would allow only if its 99.99% safe.
These programs increase activity- liquidity, decrease spread, and exchange gets some fee and extra turnover charges.

jagankris

Symphony fintech is an Indian company. It has evolved slowly given the lack of supporting regulation and lack of innovation by Indian brokers barring sharekhan, zerodha and rksv. So what they provide is great considering the lack of options. Also given some people have some fear on sharing their strategy that's why they hire foreign freelancers to code plugins.
Dear Alroyraj,

Who ever using Symphony - all are happy about their services especially and very professional.
They don't reveal or promise about the strategies to secure clients.
Except the bottleneck of brokerage part I guess.

But Symphony provides a trading platform -
Strategy API's - Java - which the user can use to code themselves hiding the logic part and the strategy resides in the symphony server.

or
Amibroker/Tradestation - bridge where one can build their strategies and symphony provides/codes the execution logic part.

---- Can you please throw more light on this ?
---- Does this mean all Indicators/TA functionalities are available as Java API's ? or just the data connection,Place Orders,cancel orders,modify orders etc ?

And how RT Data/historical data is accessed ?
If no TA Indicators/or TA functionality or timeframe wise data not provided
how does one code the algos ?

Basically I can understand what it means coding the strategy part in amibroker or some client charting software and just excution API's to connect to symphony from Ami and send orders.

But not clear about the Strategy API part in Java where the strategies can be coded ?

TIA.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trump Algo & Automated Trading 0
F Forex 7
M Forex 2
J Forex 4
P Software 0