RNRL merger with Rpower good or bad FOR RNRL

May be I am too harsh but what happened is nothing short of financial terrorism. It destroys lot of peoples life. Maoists are thousand times better than corporate fraudsters. I am sure both Muhesh and Anil will buy padma awards in future.

magnet

how did the share fall so badly on Fri when no news of merger was out ?

where was the information leaked ? I mean ppl must hav known about the merger thats the reason the share fell like rocks on Fri closing.......?
Dude money is made in every part.....

Ofcourse the company sold the information and have made 1000 crore on that too...Insider trading but not making their any shares sell but selling news(information)

Dude money is made in every part.....

Ofcourse the company sold the information and have made 1000 crore on that too...Insider trading but not making their any shares sell but selling news(information)
so this is just another reason then where RNRL holders got kicked in the ass by the the Ambanis or stabbed in the back.....btw how come no one is taking action against them atleast for this insider trading some one should hold them at fault..... as news broke out on TV channels only after market closing.....( i am guessing it would be hard to prove it )

Hi pundits,
This is my first post in traderji forum. I have got few questions regarding Reliance shares. I hold close to 100 shares of Reliance Natural Resources and 7 shares of Reliance Energy (Is it same as Reliance Power?) not energy ventures.
1. What will happen to these shares?
2. Will I get any bonus shares? like 25 shares of Reliance power (as I have 100 shares of RNRL?) and 28 shares of RNRL (as I have 7 shares of Reliance Energy).
3. Does anybody have any news on the Reliance Capital Ventures and Reliance Energy Ventures. These stocks have not been traded but are listed.

I am not a trader and these are my parent's stock so please pardon me for my ignorance.

Thanks for your help
-Raja

magnet

so this is just another reason then where RNRL holders got kicked in the ass by the the Ambanis or stabbed in the back.....btw how come no one is taking action against them atleast for this insider trading some one should hold them at fault..... as news broke out on TV channels only after market closing.....( i am guessing it would be hard to prove it )
Yes its hard to prove...They themselves dont sell their shares...But have many benami accounts where trading is done....Lakh of shares sell similarly in each accounts....

Why do u think they want to start banks too?...For the same reason to cover more corporate frauds.....

My friend who used to work with cnbc before used to get such insider information but they dont used to leak earlier as their sources used to refrain from stating future information.....

But such stuff do works...And definitely for short traders RNRL swap ratio is pain in a$$

Last edited:
Hi pundits,
This is my first post in traderji forum. I have got few questions regarding Reliance shares. I hold close to 100 shares of Reliance Natural Resources and 7 shares of Reliance Energy (Is it same as Reliance Power?) not energy ventures.
2. Will I get any bonus shares? like 25 shares of Reliance power (as I have 100 shares of RNRL?) and 28 shares of RNRL (as I have 7 shares of Reliance Energy).
3. Does anybody have any news on the Reliance Capital Ventures and Reliance Energy Ventures. These stocks have not been traded but are listed.

I am not a trader and these are my parent's stock so please pardon me for my ignorance.

Thanks for your help
-Raja
Can someone please reply to my question?

Thanks

magnet

I have got few questions regarding Reliance shares. I hold close to 100 shares of Reliance Natural Resources and 7 shares of Reliance Energy (Is it same as Reliance Power?) not energy ventures.
First Reliance energy and reliance power are not the same ..I guess its rinfra...Its earlier name was reliance energy and later changed when transferred to anil

This is the share of reliance energy now

http://money.rediff.com/companies/reliance-infrastructure-ltd/15130003

Now to your main questions

1::U hold 100 shares of RNRL ...For that ull get 25 shares of rel power ....For every 4 shares of RNRL 1 share of rel power..And RNRL will cease to exist

2::U not getting any bonus .Shares are getting swapped on contrary RNRL shareholders are on fault...Say u bought 100 shares of RNRL at 70 buks..so total u paid is 7000...Now ull get 25 shares of rel power on its place...So 25 shares of rel power which is trading around 180 which means...ull hold enitity worth 4500 rupees instead of 7000...Beacuse of same reason price of RNRL corrected..from 63 to 45-46..Because whoever buys RNRL share will get rel power which is trading at at 175-180 level....so 45 *4 180 price...
If rel power price goes to 200 ull see RNRL trading at 50

3::Rel cap ventures was swapped similarly to reliance capital now And rel energy ventures was merged or swapped to rel power

According to this report

http://www.livemint.com/2010/06/17215300/War-and-peace.html?h=B

Last edited:
Needlesss to say, a furor has been sparked among RNRL shareholders all over & this can be easily seen on the web itself. I am wondering if this public uproar will amount to anything. Is there any chance that will they change the swap ratio to 1:3?
If they don't, there will be many who will boycott Reliance stocks. In fact, I knew someone who had told me just 3 days before 2-7-10 that he avoids Reliance stocks. (Its a pity I didn't listen to him). Is there any chance that Anil may issue a 1:3 ratio to make suree he doesn't lose investors??
Also, legally can any action be taken? or is there someone seriously considering taking some action on behalf of the public? & not just typing about it.. like I am.
To add to the pool of grief, I had 600 shares bought at 68.6 & obviously I am not at all happy with this.

Last edited:
First Reliance energy and reliance power are not the same ..I guess its rinfra...Its earlier name was reliance energy and later changed when transferred to anil

This is the share of reliance energy now

http://money.rediff.com/companies/reliance-infrastructure-ltd/15130003

Now to your main questions

1::U hold 100 shares of RNRL ...For that ull get 25 shares of rel power ....For every 4 shares of RNRL 1 share of rel power..And RNRL will cease to exist

2::U not getting any bonus .Shares are getting swapped on contrary RNRL shareholders are on fault...Say u bought 100 shares of RNRL at 70 buks..so total u paid is 7000...Now ull get 25 shares of rel power on its place...So 25 shares of rel power which is trading around 180 which means...ull hold enitity worth 4500 rupees instead of 7000...Beacuse of same reason price of RNRL corrected..from 63 to 45-46..Because whoever buys RNRL share will get rel power which is trading at at 175-180 level....so 45 *4 180 price...
If rel power price goes to 200 ull see RNRL trading at 50

3::Rel cap ventures was swapped similarly to reliance capital now And rel energy ventures was merged or swapped to rel power

According to this report

http://www.livemint.com/2010/06/17215300/War-and-peace.html?h=B
Many thanks guys for your replies. It was indeed very useful. Special thanks to magnet for detailed explanation. Very glad to know that my assets just got reduced:(:(..

-Raja