Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

Re: RKSV - Unlimited Online Trading @ 1947/-

Hi RKSV
This may be repetitive for you. But please reply
1. Is the monthly plan auto renewed every month? What is the process?
2. Suppose I bought aug option in July month and sold it in Aug but didn do any other trade..will i be charged for Aug also?
3. What is break even for nifty options, minifty futures?
Hi poortrader,

Regarding your questions:

1) We debit Rs. 2188 from your account on the first day of the month. Suppose you don't trade for that month, we credit Rs. 2188 back to your account on the last day of the month.

2) Yes, unless you just let it expire and didn't place any trades.

3) Best done here: http://rksv.in/calculator.php. Type in the buy price of the option's buy or sell price and enter your qty. You'll see the breakeven amount right there on the fifth column. For a Rs. 100 option, breakeven is 21 paise -- meaning you will make a profit if you sell above 100.21.

Same thing for futures. With a minifty price of say 5000, breakeven is Rs. 1.32.

megapixel

Hi RKSV

Could you please reply to these queries...

Q1)

What is the meaning of exercise of NIFTY CALL OPTION at expiry date ?

I'm worried because you can not get index delivery really....there is nothing to buy / take delivery unlike stock options ... so what does exercise of NIFTY CALL OPTION mean ?

Q2)
can I square off NIFTY CALL OPTION before expiry date ?

For example:
say I buy a NIFTY CALL OPTION on 20-07-2012 . expiry date : 26-07-2012.
Can I SELL this on 23-07-2012 ( before expiry) to square off ?

Last edited:

Is your 20/20 scheme still active?

And also this 20/20 program is applicable for family members? i.e. One can refer his/her family members?

I am currently trading with ventura using "pointer" application. I can save my order details and net position details to csv. Do NSE Now has this facility?
Yep it's there. You can right click and save it.

Hi sibu,

Answers are below

Dear RKSV,

After analyzing all the discussion in this forum for the last six months regarding your brokerage plan, finally I've decided to go for your company. Before deciding any further move, please clarify some of my doubts.

1. In case of any arbitrage position, how will you calculate the margin? That means, suppose I bought 500 Aban in cash market and sell one lot (500) Aban in future, then what will be your margin requirement?
The NSE NOW system does not give this benefit out to clients.
2. Till now, I've only operated NEAT and ODIN (including diet odin) platform. I've never used any NEST or NOW platform. So in comparison to above two platform, How NEST and NOW perform?
NEST and NOW are both designed by Omnesys. You can use most of the NEST plugins on NOW for the same price. NOW is tested and hosted at the NSE itself. NEST installations are hosted at the broker's office or at another datacenter (not colocated at the exchange like NOW).
3. Do you provide any such platform other than nest?
We only provide NSE NOW.
4. You have told that you are the member of MCX-SX (Currency), do you provide any trading facility in currency? If, yes, then what is the brokerage structure? Is not, then when will you provide the trading facility in currency segment?
We are a member but no trading facilities for MCX SX are available as of yet.
5. Since you are not a Depository Participant, Can you keep my deliverable shares in your pool account (although I've a DP a/c.) and sell it from there without transferring to my DP a/c?
No, currently we don't do this. We transfer it to the client's accounts directly.
6. What is your minimum pay-out amount and how many days you take it to complete?
No limits on pay-in or pay-out amounts. It happens within one business day (except weekends, holidays, etc..)
7. If I don't have any overnight position and sufficient margin, can I ask for daily pay-out(if any)?
Yes you can send us a withdrawal request everyday.
Please reply.

Thanks
You are welcome, and let us know if you have any other queries!

Is your 20/20 scheme still active?

And also this 20/20 program is applicable for family members? i.e. One can refer his/her family members?
Hi eastern,

Yes it's still active. Not applicable to immediate family members (spouse, parents, children).

sibu3168

Dear RKSV,

Which is the better operating system for NOW terminal to run smoothly? Window XP or Window 7.

Thankx

sibu3168

Dear RKSV,

Which type of broadband is better for internet trading? Internet through cable, wire or wireless.

Thanx

Hi RKSV

Could you please reply to these queries...

Q1)

What is the meaning of exercise of NIFTY CALL OPTION at expiry date ?

I'm worried because you can not get index delivery really....there is nothing to buy / take delivery unlike stock options ... so what does exercise of NIFTY CALL OPTION mean ?

Q2)
can I square off NIFTY CALL OPTION before expiry date ?

For example:
say I buy a NIFTY CALL OPTION on 20-07-2012 . expiry date : 26-07-2012.
Can I SELL this on 23-07-2012 ( before expiry) to square off ?
Hi megapixel,

Sorry for the delay. Getting the concerned persons on our team to get to all the q's over the weekend. :)

On #1) No physical exercise happens on index and stock options. In case you are long on an option and it expires in the money, the exchange will square it off for you if you don't do it yourself before expiry. This is termed as 'exercise' and you will be charged a higher STT of 0.125% (delivery STT).

On #2) Yes, you can buy and sell options as much as you want before expiry. Even intraday trading is allowed.