RKSV - Unlimited Online Trading @ 1947/-

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksp191

Hi ksp191,

Right now, we do it at the beginning of the month for the following month. But we refund you the entire amount (including service tax and all) by the end of the month. If you decide to close your account in the middle of the month with no trading, we also refund you the full amount including service tax.

For, first month charges, we will do it the following month since it's pro-rated.

Best,

RKSV
TO RKSV,
I am delighted with your service.so not thinking about closing.I asked because, people in zerodha thread ,wanted clarity on the matter.you revolutionized broking.Wishing you all the best.
THANK YOU,

razx5

well rksv,jus a question regarding margin trading in optidx..say for eg.with a trading capital of 50000/ and i buy 20 lots of 5000ce at a premium of 50 rs(total value=50*50=2500*20 lots(1000 units)..say now immediatley if i have to reverse my trade..i repeat reverse the trade..that means short the same postions,,

do i have to sell the positons first and then only i short or can i directly punch sell 40 lots(for that v need double exposure)??..

y i m asking is, sometimes the price in optidx fluctuates so fast u dont have much time to enter multiple orders..price jump of 1-2rs is so common in optidx..
dont have any intention of trading more than my trading capital..jus for the ease of order execution m asking..u can ask me y u want to short a call option when u can buy a PE..reason is the rate of return..say the same CE position which is trading at 50rs if i short might touch rs 40 giving me a profit of 10rs per unit,,instead if i buy PE tradiing at premium of 50 rs..might jus touch 56-57 same time giving me 3-4 rs lesser returns,,:)thank u..awaiting a soon reply

well rksv,jus a question regarding margin trading in optidx..say for eg.with a trading capital of 50000/ and i buy 20 lots of 5000ce at a premium of 50 rs(total value=50*50=2500*20 lots(1000 units)..say now immediatley if i have to reverse my trade..i repeat reverse the trade..that means short the same postions,,

do i have to sell the positons first and then only i short or can i directly punch sell 40 lots(for that v need double exposure)??..

y i m asking is, sometimes the price in optidx fluctuates so fast u dont have much time to enter multiple orders..price jump of 1-2rs is so common in optidx..
dont have any intention of trading more than my trading capital..jus for the ease of order execution m asking..u can ask me y u want to short a call option when u can buy a PE..reason is the rate of return..say the same CE position which is trading at 50rs if i short might touch rs 40 giving me a profit of 10rs per unit,,instead if i buy PE tradiing at premium of 50 rs..might jus touch 56-57 same time giving me 3-4 rs lesser returns,,:)thank u..awaiting a soon reply
Hi razx5,

Want to understand your query properly. Are you saying that basically you want to first buy 20 lots of an option, then sell 40 lots? The second trade of 40, is to cover the first 20 lots and also have a fresh entry of 20 lots again as another entry into the market? And your question is, in terms of margin requirements, the system should treat the 40 lot order as just margin required for 20 lots and not for 40 lots since you are squaring up an earlier position?

To be clear though, the margin required for selling an option is greater than the margin required for buying an option. Buying an option requires just the premium amount but selling an option requires span plus exposure margin. With X amount in capital you cannot go long and short for the same amount of shares.

Best,

RKSV

razx5

Hi razx5,

Want to understand your query properly. Are you saying that basically you want to first buy 20 lots of an option, then sell 40 lots? The second trade of 40, is to cover the first 20 lots and also have a fresh entry of 20 lots again as another entry into the market? And your question is, in terms of margin requirements, the system should treat the 40 lot order as just margin required for 20 lots and not for 40 lots since you are squaring up an earlier position?

To be clear though, the margin required for selling an option is greater than the margin required for buying an option. Buying an option requires just the premium amount but selling an option requires span plus exposure margin. With X amount in capital you cannot go long and short for the same amount of shares.

Best,

RKSV
yes xctly..m jus covering my previous longs and entering shorts for the same 20 lots..not fresh 40 lots short..previously in my odin terminal such facility were not there and v have to sqaure off the first longs and then only enter fresh shorts..so that part is clear..

coming to u r second para..regarding span margin and exposure..can u pls throw some light regarding that..say if i have 50000/ how many lots of PE/CE i can SHORT having premium of 50rs..THANQ

in short what r the margin requiermnts for naked options??which ul b definitely covered intraday??

Last edited:
yes xctly..m jus covering my previous longs and entering shorts for the same 20 lots..not fresh 40 lots short..previously in my odin terminal such facility were not there and v have to sqaure off the first longs and then only enter fresh shorts..so that part is clear..

coming to u r second para..regarding span margin and exposure..can u pls throw some light regarding that..say if i have 50000/ how many lots of PE/CE i can SHORT having premium of 50rs..THANQ

in short what r the margin requiermnts for naked options??which ul b definitely covered intraday??
Hi razx5,

Ok so first, you should be able to short the 40 after you went long on the 20. As long as you have the margin to cover just the 20 new fresh entries, the system will let you place the order. No need to place 2 orders to do that.

Regarding your second question. Shorting options requires more margin than buying options because of the nature of the risk involved. Generally, when you buy the option, you just have to pay the premium value. So, if the Nifty call is priced at Rs. 50 for one lot, and one lot is 50 shares, with Rs. 50,000 you can buy 20 lots (Rs. 50 x 50 shares per lot x 20 lots).

However, when you sell options, you would need the margin for actually shorting the Nifty futures. Think of shorting one lot Nifty futures that's priced at Rs. 5,000. One lot (50 shares) is Rs 2,50,000. You would need around 60% of the applicable SPAN margin (which is 10%) value for intraday (totals to around Rs. 15,000) and 100% of the applicable SPAN margin for overnight (totals to around Rs. 25,000). That is the same margin amount you would need for selling one lot of options. With Rs. 50,000 you can sell around 1-3 lots.

Coming back to your example, you can buy 20 lots first, then sell 23 lots next and the system should accept your second order. You'll square up your first order and have a fresh sell entry of 3 lots :)

Let me know if that helps.

Best,

RKSV

hi,
i have a demat account with il&fs so do i need to open a new one with you if i get your trading account?
and do you have a fixed stamp duty?

Last edited:
hi,
i have a demat account with il&fs so do i need to open a new one with you if i get your trading account?
and do you have a fixed stamp duty?
Hi mohdameer,

No you don't need to open another demat account with us. We are located in Maharashtra so our stamp duty is 200 Rs per crore.

Best,

RKSV

ksp191

TO RKSV,
Why don't you open office in banglore or nearest place(to your place) in karnataka ,to get advantage of fixed stamp duty of max rs 50. It also adds to competitive advantage like 1947 scheme.This will also help us when you add other segments like currency, commdity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.