Review required : The Option School (strategies pack)

Hi
I am browsing this website
Theoptionschool.in

They provide delta neutral options selling strategies along with lessons on required adjustments claiming minimal losses and consistent returns. (to their credit, they say 'No such thing as a successful strategy without Adjustments' ) - I am intrigued.
And they have thousands of followers/ paid members, so seems legit at first glance.
I figure, why not spend time learning a few practical strategies from successful guys than break my back trying to reinvent the wheel.

A package of all strategies (intermediate, advanced, passive) totalling 8 or 10 good ones costs 30k. Not a small amount but if at least a couple work well, that's worth multiple times the money.

But also, there are enough fake websites promising the exact same things. So I am sceptical as well though hopeful.
So.. Can someone who has actually paid for the Strategies pack (not the basics courses / workshops for newbies) step up and vouch for their authenticity / efficacy?

Any additional info is valuable of course.

PS: if there are better strategies available (paid or free) then please plug them as well. Better if they are proven.

Thanks

I figure, why not spend time learning a few practical strategies from successful guys than break my back trying to reinvent the wheel.
How do you know they are successful ? Have they published their track record ? Even the trainer's name and profile is not disclosed on the website.

In my experience, nobody shares (or teaches) successful trading strategies (even for 30k), because once everyone uses it you lose your edge. Secondly, if a strategy is successful others will start selling it as well - so it is stupid to teach successful strategies even for 30k.

Their website says :
– Earn consistent returns of 4% to 7 % every month.
This is sheer nonsense and marketing. Trading options requires a higher degree of mathematical and analytical skills than investing / trading stocks, with greater hidden risks.

If you are a self-learning and willing to work hard, Lawrence McMillan's books on options are probably the best.

All there online gurus are scamsters.

Some clarifications as I see confusion in the responses:

I am of the opinion that 4 - 7% per month is possible consistently using Option Selling strategies (of whatever flavor). I know people who have been doing this but they won't share the secrets. The Market and Operational risks will be there. But with a hedged strategy, market risk can be defined to be within tolerable limits. Hedging also limits much of operational risks (This won't be the last time NSE flunks big). So it HAS to be a Hedged method. No naked positions.

I am sure that something profitable definitely needs specialized skill, which comes only through experience and learning. But I think, if I simply can BUY a readymade and proven system, then:
a) I won't need to re-invent the wheel, saving me years of time
a) I will avoid dumb mistakes by sticking to the system (assuming it thoroughly defines the adjustments needed in various circumstances)
b) I will be able to learn the nuances faster to take it to the next level

Another Q is, why does anyone sell a strategy that is making money?
In the case of option selling, I think there are several factors:

1. Does the strategy OBVIOUSLY lose the edge when used by millions?
I think any kind of option selling strategy involves multi-legs which will drown in the ocean of so much open positions. One strategy over-crowding a Bank Nifty OI and impacting the results is unreasonable, however popular it may seem (expiry day trade for example)

2. What are the bottlenecks in place to print money using the strategy such that there is no need to sell?
Option selling needs a lot of capital, which limits the potential to print money given its not 20% per month but 4%.
Also, Option Selling thrives on liquidity because of favourable spreads.

Finally, if they are charging 30k+ for the strategies, it is a significant source of income for them - seems like pure business.

Also, the strategies that are offered by The Option School involve a lot of learning by their own admission. It is not a buy-and-forget thing. It basically involves specializing in a very technical subject. Many people would not have the patience for it. So that is a bottleneck as to why some people may not be able to implement what is taught, resulting in mixed reviews from many newbies. Basically, I am not looking for a ready-made holy grail but a great starting point.

So with all those reasons, I think it is very reasonable to expect a profitable strategy to be Available for Sale. I just need to weed out the frauds from friends and this is where I need your help.

In this context, I post the question again.
1. Anyone who has actually used The Option School - please can you step up.
Link - https://theoptionschool.in/index.php/option-strategies/

2. Anyone who used Optistrut? (website is a bit patchy but I spoke to Akshay Kulkarni who sounds legitimateto me about the claims)
Link - https://www.optistrut.com/

Both of these websites don't claim more than what I've heard from actual traders about their success using Option Selling strategies (whether expiry or otherwise). None of them make false promises like zero risk/ 100% success rates/ no need to learn. In fact, there is a lot of stress on the learning aspect. What they say seems doable at the outset but at the same time not so obvious that it can be done by anyone.

Finally, I am willing to pay the money for strategies that work (I can afford it with 15 lakhs risk capital that I have), so let me know if there are better strategies for sale out there (again, better if back-tested/ live-tested)

Thanks a lot
Prudvi

primitivetrader

I am of the opinion that 4 - 7% per month is possible consistently using Option Selling strategies (of whatever flavor). I know people who have been doing this but they won't share the secrets. The Market and Operational risks will be there. But with a hedged strategy, market risk can be defined to be within tolerable limits. Hedging also limits much of operational risks (This won't be the last time NSE flunks big). So it HAS to be a Hedged method. No naked positions.

I am sure that something profitable definitely needs specialized skill, which comes only through experience and learning. But I think, if I simply can BUY a readymade and proven system, then:
a) I will avoid dumb mistakes by sticking to the system (assuming it thoroughly defines the adjustments needed in various circumstances)

I think any kind of option selling strategy involves multi-legs which will drown in the ocean of so much open positions. One strategy over-crowding a Bank Nifty OI and impacting the results is unreasonable, however popular it may seem (expiry day trade for example)

2. What are the bottlenecks in place to print money using the strategy such that there is no need to sell?
Option selling needs a lot of capital, which limits the potential to print money given its not 20% per month but 4%.

Finally, if they are charging 30k+ for the strategies, it is a significant source of income for them - seems like pure business.

Also, the strategies that are offered by The Option School involve a lot of learning by their own admission. It is not a buy-and-forget thing. It basically involves specializing in a very technical subject. Many people would not have the patience for it. So that is a bottleneck as to why some people may not be able to implement what is taught, resulting in mixed reviews from many newbies. Basically, I am not looking for a ready-made holy grail but a great starting point.

So with all those reasons, I think it is very reasonable to expect a profitable strategy to be Available for Sale. I just need to weed out the frauds from friends and this is where I need your help.

2. Anyone who used Optistrut? (website is a bit patchy but I spoke to Akshay Kulkarni who sounds legitimateto me about the claims)

Both of these websites don't claim more than what I've heard from actual traders about their success using Option Selling strategies (whether expiry or otherwise). None of them make false promises like zero risk/ 100% success rates/ no need to learn. In fact, there is a lot of stress on the learning aspect. What they say seems doable at the outset but at the same time not so obvious that it can be done by anyone.

Finally, I am willing to pay the money for strategies that work (I can afford it with 15 lakhs risk capital that I have), so let me know if there are better strategies for sale out there (again, better if back-tested/ live-tested)

Thanks a lot
Prudvi
there are no clear-cut answers when it comes to buying any trading course. more so on trading forums. most of it will be negative or not to buy and learn on your own.

somewhere down the line, you have already made up your mind to buy this course (even before asking here or on other forums), whether you get favorable or unfavorable reviews here.

I am a firm believer in paid trading education (as it has helped me immensely in my traidng), whether it is a recorded course or a live course,

but the tricks are as per me are:-

1) to know what you are looking for and the course on the surface matches it.

2) do your own due diligence and take time as normally we get very enthusiastic once we find the type of course we are looking for and instead of taking a rational approach we follow our child-like emotions blindly. so hold your horses and be objective.

3) be mentally prepared to felt cheated after buying the course as it may not be what you are looking for or it is just crap.

Thanks a lot
Prudvi
Prudvi,

If I were making 4-5% a month, I would not be solicting strangers over internet to sell my strategy. I would rather get my trade performance audited (by a CA/auditor) and start a fund. In this era, if one has such consistent performance HNI investors and private equity will be begging for partnership.

Have you seen the historical trades of Option School or OptiStrut ?
Both are claiming minimum returns of 4%+ per month and consistently. Don't you think they should provide some historical trades or equity curve on their sites ? If they cannot publish historical trades say of 1 year ago, how can we trust their performance claim ?

Here,
https://www.quora.com/profile/Akshay-Kulkarni-266

Akshay Kulkarni claims average monthly returns of 4-8% in down trend and 8-16% in up trend. The OptiStrut promoter (Akshay Kulkarni) is promising 4-7% consistent returns per month. For that he charges Rs 27,000 per month.

Even the worlds best hedge fund, Renaissance Medallion (run by renowned mathematician Dr Jim Simons, PhD) cannot generate these kinds of returns.

Bottom line ... it is hard to trust such claims without seeing historical track record, or portfolio equity curve.

Prudvi,

If I were making 4-5% a month, I would not be solicting strangers over internet to sell my strategy. I would rather get my trade performance audited (by a CA/auditor) and start a fund. In this era, if one has such consistent performance HNI investors and private equity will be begging for partnership.

Have you seen the historical trades of Option School or OptiStrut ?
Both are claiming minimum returns of 4%+ per month and consistently. Don't you think they should provide some historical trades or equity curve on their sites ? If they cannot publish historical trades say of 1 year ago, how can we trust their performance claim ?

Here,
https://www.quora.com/profile/Akshay-Kulkarni-266

Akshay Kulkarni claims average monthly returns of 4-8% in down trend and 8-16% in up trend. The OptiStrut promoter (Akshay Kulkarni) is promising 4-7% consistent returns per month. For that he charges Rs 27,000 per month.

Even the worlds best hedge fund, Renaissance Medallion (run by renowned mathematician Dr Jim Simons, PhD) cannot generate these kinds of returns.

Bottom line ... it is hard to trust such claims without seeing historical track record, or portfolio equity curve.
Point taken. Thanks for putting the perspective in place.

there are no clear-cut answers when it comes to buying any trading course. more so on trading forums. most of it will be negative or not to buy and learn on your own.

somewhere down the line, you have already made up your mind to buy this course (even before asking here or on other forums), whether you get favorable or unfavorable reviews here.

I am a firm believer in paid trading education (as it has helped me immensely in my traidng), whether it is a recorded course or a live course,

but the tricks are as per me are:-

1) to know what you are looking for and the course on the surface matches it.

2) do your own due diligence and take time as normally we get very enthusiastic once we find the type of course we are looking for and instead of taking a rational approach we follow our child-like emotions blindly. so hold your horses and be objective.

3) be mentally prepared to felt cheated after buying the course as it may not be what you are looking for or it is just crap.
Thanks for the inputs. I will be mindful of these points.

Verde

They provide delta neutral options selling strategies along with lessons on required adjustments claiming minimal losses and consistent returns. (to their credit, they say 'No such thing as a successful strategy without Adjustments' ) - I am intrigued.
On another thread I asked if anyone knew about it, there was no reply. In the past I have seen members here making a lot of money doing this, but sadly none of them are still around. It is not some mechanical strategy where the trader can place the trade blindly and go to sleep.
The strategy is part of it, also depends on the individual trader reading the market correctly to place and adjust the trade. I started doing my version of it some months ago, so far mixed results, but all months profitable.

It is not a money printing license, there is work to be done and this is the reason why people will fail at it. In every trade discretion is involved, don't expect the same results from all.
My personal opinion is that it can be done by skilled traders.
Others stay out.

Last edited:

Romeo1998

dont pay anyone anything... all the knowledge is completely free on internet.... :)
play the game of stock market like Rahul Dravid.... be patient... wait for the correct opportunities, dont try to hit 4 or 6, 1 run in 5 overs is also fine... :)
DopeyDeliriousAtlanticridleyturtle-max-1mb.gif