Review Request: Kite Connect API

Hi

Can people with experience with Kite connect API tell me about its quality in terms of Data accuracy (real time and historical), connectivity and overall experience?

We are looking to build an algo using it but couldn't find reliable feedback from experienced users.
Thanks

Hi

Can people with experience with Kite connect API tell me about its quality in terms of Data accuracy (real time and historical), connectivity and overall experience?

We are looking to build an algo using it but couldn't find reliable feedback from experienced users.
Thanks
Cannot Tell about historical API, but with live API connectivity has never been an issue for us, we run about 6 strategies using two web sockets, time taken for order placement around 0.3 seconds. Connection never fails during the day, although there has been one recent instance where it was out the entire day.

I think its the best api out there, but also depends on how complex your algo is.

Great, thanks for response.

Can I ask a follow up if you don't mind? Any idea on a good source for historical intraday futures data to test strategies? I checked out GDFL etc but looks unreasonably costly..

Hi
Not sure about his infrastructure, but the cost is fixed. It is Rs 4000 per month without limits on data.
Mostly python, Zerodha has live api (api for placing orders) which costs 2000 per month, you can use upto 3 websockets with this, these are for getting tick data. If you want historical api, you need to pay additional 2000.