Retirement target of 6 crores

gautam7821

IPCA crossed previous high of 1188.30 and always on constant run ..

IPCA 08-01-2020.PNG

gautam7821

Bought Bandhan Bank 2 @489

On watch list :

Aarti Ind @864
Rites cmp @305
Hindustan Zinc cmp @219
Axis Bank cmp @738
IPCA Lab cmp @1188
v mart cmp @1671
Infosys cmp @739

Last edited:

gautam7821

First Week:

Investment : 25289.5
Current Value : 25773.7 (+1.76%)

p 11-01-20 f.png

Last edited:
Are you taking into consideration that when you take so many stocks and with less quantity, your slippage increases? Example. Demat charges will be ~Rs. 20 for each script. Then there's STT as well.

I wouldn't do swing with such low quantities because of slippage. But, that's just me...

The Rs. 6 profit you see might actually be Rs. -20 . Calculate the slippage again and then go ahead.... Read your contract notes daily.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Are you taking into consideration that when you take so many stocks and with less quantity, your slippage increases? Example. Demat charges will be ~Rs. 20 for each script. Then there's STT as well.

I wouldn't do swing with such low quantities because of slippage. But, that's just me...

The Rs. 6 profit you see might actually be Rs. -20 . Calculate the slippage again and then go ahead.... Read your contract notes daily.
I think Gautam want to keep adding to the stock. However as Subhadip pointed out, he is investing in too many stocks. At later point it would be difficult to keep track of all of them plus you get attached to existing holding and want to keep adding in them instead of looking at other opportunities out there.

gautam7821

As far as brokerage is concerned , it is zero at Finvasia . I will look into other charges .

I think Gautam want to keep adding to the stock. However as Subhadip pointed out, he is investing in too many stocks. At later point it would be difficult to keep track of all of them plus you get attached to existing holding and want to keep adding in them instead of looking at other opportunities out there.
30k still spare, I will add to stock which meant for long term and will sell swing profit / loss making stock.
Also, I will add atleast 5k to portfolio every month .

Last edited:

gautam7821

2nd Week:
Investment : 30553
Current Value : 31038 (+1.59%)

p 17-01-20.PNG

gautam7821

week 3
Investment : 35207

p 24-01-20.PNG

mohan.sic

I will update my swing trades here. It is like a SIP investment of 60K a year.

Yearly Target : 24% annual return

Retirement Target : 6 crores

View attachment 39666
These numbers will make us carry away but reality is not objective like this.
yes xx invested amount will yield xx corpus at the end of period in calculations but less practical in implementation.

That's a good idea of 25 yrs, investing in quality stocks will give excellent returns without a doubt.
For this long term investment to achieve xx amount, the investment philosophy should be broad and we should stop focusing on this weekly portfolio performances. Focus more of the companies you are investing and less on the price levels as any way the price level we are picking now be it high or low will be discounted in short term based on the performance of the stocks.