Restoring Traders/Investors Faith into Investing

rh6996

Einstein,
Have deployed some funds (1.25L) for ~ 2years in
Reliance Capital at 537/- (Cum Rs.8/- Div.) X 100
Federal Bank at 124/- X 200
GIC Housing Finance @ 169/- X 200
Shall be receiving similar amount soon !
Please comment on above stocks and some suggestion for the investment of fresh 1.25L !
Thanks.
VTL: Holding 100 share bought at ~ 445.00 As it is there in your portfolio, please share your target for the same and Timeframe for the same if any!

No idea!. what is ppfas and parag parikh?
PPFAS is Parag Parikh Financial Advisory Services (not sure about the s for services.)

Parag Parikh is a ~60 year old man who started in the financial industry as a broker and has been value investing via his PMS for a few years. I've read that he also follows behavioral investing and has studied that at Harvard at the time or before he started his value investing PMS. Last year he started his own mutual fund as a step after having a PMS.

Einstein

Einstein,
Have deployed some funds (1.25L) for ~ 2years in
Reliance Capital at 537/- (Cum Rs.8/- Div.) X 100
Federal Bank at 124/- X 200
GIC Housing Finance @ 169/- X 200
Shall be receiving similar amount soon !
Please comment on above stocks and some suggestion for the investment of fresh 1.25L !
Thanks.
VTL: Holding 100 share bought at ~ 445.00 As it is there in your portfolio, please share your target for the same and Timeframe for the same if any!
A best time to invest in a business is when it is in trouble. VTL was the one. I added it just because it was very very cheap, still it is. But also the worst business in my list which luckily qualifies to be wost investing. but the business is improving which can make your return very high. so hold for 5+ years and look out if they will make good acquisition like arvind did recently and bring down the debt/interest expense.

If debt goes up sell and book profit!!

im not sure about the suven life, my printer is dead havn't read recent annual reports but cannot comment anything yet its a mediocre business.

rh6996

A best time to invest in a business is when it is in trouble. VTL was the one. I added it just because it was very very cheap, still it is. But also the worst business in my list which luckily qualifies to be wost investing. but the business is improving which can make your return very high. so hold for 5+ years and look out if they will make good acquisition like arvind did recently and bring down the debt/interest expense.

If debt goes up sell and book profit!!

im not sure about the suven life, my printer is dead havn't read recent annual reports but cannot comment anything yet its a mediocre business.
Thanks for ur views on VTL !
I was not seeking views on Suven! I dont hold it any more !
I was asking fot he three stocks I bought today : Relcapital, Federal Bank and GIC Housing .

Einstein

@Shelly, price wise yes.

I was looking at the news that Tesla will setup lethion ion plant in nevada, texas with 5 Billion$. the thing is company never posted even a 1$ profit for its shareholder ever. but the price is doing good.. the CEO ion musk calls himself the real world tony stark. in my views they are just enjoying the liquidity in us stock market. conclusion: price trend does not mean how the company is performing. not even a clue.

When I added a filter of market cap > 10,000 crores, Suven falls off the list. I had 2 companies with bad performance below 10,000 crore market cap when I ran a modified version of my ratio combination.

Mr.G

The ONE difference between amateurs and professional investors is that professionals don't use filters.

Read this line over and over again till you understand why it bears such importance. And if you do understand it's meaning, keep it to yourself.