Request to review my portfolio

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone review my portfolio? Should I keep investing in Bajaj Finance shares? Please guide if I need to exit or keep adding any of these shares below.

1587820484123.png

Thank you!

ncube

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone review my portfolio? Should I keep investing in Bajaj Finance shares? Please guide if I need to exit or keep adding any of these shares below.

View attachment 42073

Thank you!
You don't need advice from anyone for this...it's easy..analyse the reason why you bought these stocks in the first place...if that reason is still valid.. continue holding...else exit.

Dont forget the Golden rule: In investing the buy and forget mode will not work...you need to proactively monitor if the initial reason for buying is still valid and try to book profits whenever you get opportunities and keep reducing your total cost of ownership.

Good Luck!

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
This is a simulated portfolio. I wanted to create for 15 stocks.but stopped at 5. Diversify among sectors and well managed companies. I have deliberately included Yesbank and DHFL. I bought all the stocks in 2010.
Look at the portfolio as it stands now. Giving time for your investments is very important. All others are called Trading.

1587828594764.png

ncube

This is a simulated portfolio. I wanted to create for 15 stocks.but stopped at 5. Diversify among sectors and well managed companies. I have deliberately included Yesbank and DHFL. I bought all the stocks in 2010.
Look at the portfolio as it stands now. Giving time for your investments is very important. All others are called Trading.

View attachment 42077
I would prefer dividing equity portfolio into 2 parts..a core and a satellite portfolio. We invest in the core portfolio with our best stocks with a long term vision...and satellite to generate regular returns...which will include best stocks as well as trending stocks with a short term vision.

The problem with only a long term investment portfolio is that we can never know the right time to book profit for key planned or random events in life for example kids education or marriage, health issues etc...one can say as the event nears book profit and move to other assets like fd or debt funds...but how to decide which is the right time to book profits...there are practical... challenges.

Hence I would always prefer a satellite portfolio or a trading portfolio to support the core portfolio.

Just my way of looking at it... however for each his own...risk profile is different for each...and I prefer to be very conservative.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
I would prefer dividing equity portfolio into 2 parts..a core and a satellite portfolio. We invest in the core portfolio with our best stocks with a long term vision...and satellite to generate regular returns...which will include best stocks as well as trending stocks with a short term vision.

The problem with only a long term investment portfolio is that we can never know the right time to book profit for key planned or random events in life for example kids education or marriage, health issues etc...one can say as the event nears book profit and move to other assets like fd or debt funds...but how to decide which is the right time to book profits...there are practical... challenges.

Hence I would always prefer a satellite portfolio or a trading portfolio to support the core portfolio.

Just my way of looking at it... however for each his own...risk profile is different for each...and I prefer to be very conservative.
Yes. I concur with you. I have done the same. Core portfolio and satellite portfolio. Core portfolio runs on Coffee can approach and Satellite portfolio runs based on momentum strategy.Income generator (Option selling).

ncube

The real objective for anyone should be able to meet our future goals and needs. We should be able to enjoy the fruits of our investment in this life. If the objective is to ensure our kids and future generations to enjoy it then the best investment strategy is buy and forget...:)

Dear Sri,

Your portfolio is quite interesting....BUT Finance + IT = 70% of your portfolio. Sound quite a lot even if theses 2 sectors are solid. Look for few others solid stock to be not too IT/Finance dependent