Request for a new 'exclusive help' forum

newtrader101

Traderji friends,

Traders facing specific challenges look to experienced ones for advice. But all of these experienced traders may not be free and available at the time.

The new posts are visible for some time in the main page and then they disappear. Often we can find threads without any response.

The experienced traders, when they're in the mood, may be willing to answer queries. But now these queries of needy traders are scattered in various threads in various forums. So luck forms a major part in getting queries resolved.

Please consider creating an forum exclusively for queries. It could have threads on anything-request for views on a chart setup, ways to resolve particular problems and challenges. The trader can describe his/her situation and request for help. If anybody finds free time, they can head over to that forum and answer threads of queries they are interested in, or atleast point out to other relevant threads.

travi

Traderji friends,

Traders facing specific challenges look to experienced ones for advice. But all of these experienced traders may not be free and available at the time.

The new posts are visible for some time in the main page and then they disappear. Often we can find threads without any response.

The experienced traders, when they're in the mood, may be willing to answer queries. But now these queries of needy traders are scattered in various threads in various forums. So luck forms a major part in getting queries resolved.

Please consider creating an forum exclusively for queries. It could have threads on anything-request for views on a chart setup, ways to resolve particular problems and challenges. The trader can describe his/her situation and request for help. If anybody finds free time, they can head over to that forum and answer threads of queries they are interested in, or atleast point out to other relevant threads.
My personal experience in difference b/w Questions getting answered and not is the kind of explanation and effort shown by the Thread starter/Poster.
Trust me, the so called "experienced ones" are not moody and they don't skip the posts either. all are read and nothing is buried.

It is the kind of post that draws attention. If one can google the same question and get many answers, why will one waste time for it,
but yes, if you can explain that you Googled and this X,Y,Z was the challenge and need more help..... Ppl will definitely step in.
I don't see the need for an "exclusive help" forum as the current Traderji Forum itself works exclusively for Traders.

newtrader101

My personal experience in difference b/w Questions getting answered and not is the kind of explanation and effort shown by the Thread starter/Poster.
Trust me, the so called "experienced ones" are not moody and they don't skip the posts either. all are read and nothing is buried.

It is the kind of post that draws attention. If one can google the same question and get many answers, why will one waste time for it,
but yes, if you can explain that you Googled and this X,Y,Z was the challenge and need more help..... Ppl will definitely step in.
I don't see the need for an "exclusive help" forum as the current Traderji Forum itself works exclusively for Traders.
Traviji, the point was that members start threads for different reasons-
  • to share their knowledge, techniques, and views
  • to discuss and improve knowledge
  • to keep a log of trades,
  • to request help
  • may be many more reasons!
It is the fourth category threads that are spread in various forums, and sometimes go unanswered.

Appreciate that seniors do view each and every thread, even without any obligation.