Remote assistance to help understand Amibroker- First Time User

Hi All,

I would greatly appreciate if one of the senior members could help me come to grips with basic functionalities in AMIbroker. We can do the same by connecting on any remote access tool and do so.

Regards
Bornfree

Thanks Baufalo!

I have been able to visit those links. I am at a level where I do understand a few things now, just like :

-Getting Charts
-Getting Panes
-Creating Databases
-Applying Indicators

I am trying to learn how to do screening these days, and i have downloaded the only book available on Amibroker from the net.

Q What i still don't know is, how to overlay one stock over another to compare relative performance?
Q I have a MDP data service that feeds data input, i fail to import/ or see futures data, that I am also subscribed to?
Q I am not sure if default interpretations in amibroker can be used for actual trading?
Q I have least knowledge on creating my own systems, and this is where my trading is gravitating though.

I have tried to keep my list limited though there could be more. Would appreciate any pointers that can be of any help.

Thanks Once Again!

lvgandhi

Thanks Baufalo!

I have been able to visit those links. I am at a level where I do understand a few things now, just like :

-Getting Charts
-Getting Panes
-Creating Databases
-Applying Indicators

I am trying to learn how to do screening these days, and i have downloaded the only book available on Amibroker from the net.

Q What i still don't know is, how to overlay one stock over another to compare relative performance?
Q I have a MDP data service that feeds data input, i fail to import/ or see futures data, that I am also subscribed to?
Q I am not sure if default interpretations in amibroker can be used for actual trading?
Q I have least knowledge on creating my own systems, and this is where my trading is gravitating though.

I have tried to keep my list limited though there could be more. Would appreciate any pointers that can be of any help.

Thanks Once Again!
Dear bornfree
First there is no quick/fastfood type way to leaning. That too in trading, you have to learn, assimilate, practice and then only trade. An other way is sure recipe to loose your capital. Answer your questions
1)You have to read the total manual of Amibroker not once but many time. But for this getting other stock, yo have to use foreign command and correct the code.
2)You data provider should tell how to connect his data to a TA software. If he does not change the data provider.
3)If you have read patiently, there is a disclaimer that the advice only indicative. In my opinion, they are indicative only. Not tradable. This question leads me to think that you should first read and understand Technical analysis and then start using Amibroker.
4)Once you understand TA, then only question of system design comes.
Once again there is no short cuts.

Thanks for the friendly advice. My comments are inline!!!

Dear bornfree
First there is no quick/fastfood type way to leaning. That too in trading, you have to learn, assimilate, practice and then only trade. An other way is sure recipe to loose your capital. Answer your questions
1)You have to read the total manual of Amibroker not once but many time. But for this getting other stock, yo have to use foreign command and correct the code.????
2)You data provider should tell how to connect his data to a TA software. If he does not change the data provider.<<<I would do so, may be my mind was getting lazy here | another reason for avoidance i can think is that they only have a chat support that isn't as user friendly as i would like it to be>>>
3)If you have read patiently, there is a disclaimer that the advice only indicative. In my opinion, they are indicative only. Not tradable. This question leads me to think that you should first read and understand Technical analysis and then start using Amibroker.<<< I was seeking out specific situations/instances (if they exist) where the " indicative" information crosses the threshold of being indicative and becomes actionable. May be this was another way of me asking if their are specific combinations of indicators and their parameters that make this information reliable enough to trade. Excuse me, if language was misleading!>>>
4)Once you understand TA, then only question of system design comes.
Once again there is no short cuts.
<< I was looking for more efficient ways based on experience of others, not sure if that needs to be judged as looking for short-cuts>>

lvgandhi

Thanks for the friendly advice. My comments are inline!!!

<< I was looking for more efficient ways based on experience of others, not sure if that needs to be judged as looking for short-cuts>>
In my opinion, stage of efficiency comes after making the basis. Ie that is if you are good at basic of TA, then increasing efficiency comes. First is basis and effort to acquire the basic. See foreign in Amibroker command reference and free afls available in net. For that one again basic TA is required to make any use of it.
Sorry If I sound harsh. My advice is to make you self-reliant.

I wouldn't disagree with you on the importance of basics.

And I would rather lend my eagerness to 'jump the guns' to a basic flaw with self study, where people are new to a subject and aren't very much aware of it's depths and tend to seek information as randomly as it suits their heart & mind.

No offence taken, and i rather appreciate you taking out time to respond to my messages to the best of your understanding.

Best
-bornfree

hi

if you like we can connect for a Quick remote help, as you ask with teamviewer.com it is free and fast program
i have few free days
i just sent a PM to you