Relative Strength Ranking

To help members of traderji.com select the best stocks to go long in the current upmove, attached please find the relative strength rankings of all major indices and stocks.

What is Relative Strength?
RELATIVE STRENGTH IS NOT RSI, (or Relative Strength Index).
Relative Strength is a measure of price trend that indicates how a stock is performing relative to other stocks in its industry.

The relative strength of a stock is calculated by taking the percentage price change of a stock over a set period of time and ranking it on a scale of 1 to 100 against all other stocks on the market, with 1 being worst and 100 being best. For example, a stock with a relative strength of 90 has experienced a greater increase in its price in the past than the price increases experienced by 90% of all other stocks on the market.

Relative Strength Ranking is based on the premise that stocks which have recently gone up are more likely to continue going up.

Last edited:
Using Traders Edge Relative Strength Analysis, I have identified 2 stocks to BUY!

Both have RS >=75

Tata Chem

Tata Tea

Inputs form other members are welcome!

TradingSystems said:
Using Traders Edge Relative Strength Analysis, I have identified 2 stocks to BUY!

Both have RS >=75

Tata Chem

Tata Tea

Thanks for the info!

TradingSystems said:

Both have RS >=75

Tata Chem

Tata Tea

EXCELLENT CALL both TradersEdgeIndia.com and TradingSystems and THANKS for brining both stocks to my attention on 04th May 2005!

Both made BIG MOVES today.

I dont know much abt this system. From what these intelligent guy who post thier views here, i am slowly learning things that i should give importance and things i should not do. That's what keep this forum useful. I look forward to more such articles n ideas here.

Raja Krsnan

sh50

Along with the confluence of indicators in TA which are supposed to compliment each other, this is a handome adddition almost an additional indicator. It is perhaps more useful for trading by what traderji has said but would be generally useful to know how some stock stands vis-a-vis the nifty and others. Even bollinger bands is based on the principle of prices low and high in a relative sense.

Even in www.stockcharts.com, this parameter has been given a lot of importance.

On the lighter side, we similary rank the CNBC women as well. Depending upon different parameters, there are different relative strengths for different traits but some are "absolutes" as well- combination of beauty and brains-both fundamentals and technicals correct.