Relative Strength comparision

you are right Taurus........
I completely agree with that as i do believe Market is King and has the ability to take up and down all of the stocks with it.....consider 2008 crash......but
Could u tell me which stocks hold its weight and came back fiercely when market was in trading range and started moving up......also some stocks we call them fancy stocks came down heavily and are still there where they should be ......yes down

MY POINT IS IF I CAN FIND OUT 5 STOCKS WHICH MOVE UP FAST WHEN NIFTY IS IN BULL RUN>>EVEN FOR SHORTER TIME FRAME I CAN GET MAX RESULTS OUT OF IT....
SAME GOES FOR BEAR PHASE........I donot want those who mimic nifty and stay there for may periods.......
Even in Nifty its better to find out those stocks........which will help in good times...
that how Professional traders trade and seek out best oppurtunities

One more question Taurus if the nifty touches 5600 and starts going up to 6000 assuming we are in trading range......then can u provide stocks other than bank nifty stocks which can go up faster in total percentage returns and vice versa.....or else do u know which stocks to take and which not to take....
Thats the the power of relative strength

I guess u got it ,Any questions I m willing to answer

Secondly IBD may us them in proprietary methods....then why its widely used by hedge funds there in USA and are quick enough to know what stock to trade and when....
In India i m not aware of this kind of RS in relation to price movement available for Indian markets...if any pls share

P.S........Just Check out Bata India w.r.t to Nifty only during Feb to April
U will see Nifty has just given return of 5-7 % returns and Bata India has given splendid 40 % returns if my maths is right
Thats the power of RS

Taurus1

Could u tell me which stocks hold its weight and came back fiercely when market was in trading range and started moving up......also some stocks we call them fancy stocks came down heavily and are still there where they should be ......yes down
Kevin, as I said earlier, RS depends on YOUR timeframe, and how you are going to trade it.

MY POINT IS IF I CAN FIND OUT 5 STOCKS WHICH MOVE UP FAST WHEN NIFTY IS IN BULL RUN>>EVEN FOR SHORTER TIME FRAME I CAN GET MAX RESULTS OUT OF IT....
SAME GOES FOR BEAR PHASE........I donot want those who mimic nifty and stay there for may periods.......
Even in Nifty its better to find out those stocks........which will help in good times...
that how Professional traders trade and seek out best oppurtunities
This is a big misconception many people have, a strong stock will go up by say 20% when the market goes up, but the beaten down stock sometimes does 40% or more. In percentage returns the weak stocks are my choice. It is about which stock is picked.

One more question Taurus if the nifty touches 5600 and starts going up to 6000 assuming we are in trading range......then can u provide stocks other than bank nifty stocks which can go up faster in total percentage returns and vice versa.....or else do u know which stocks to take and which not to take....
There are no guarantees in the stockmarket, suggest you do your own research. I do not use RS at all, lean totally towards astro. :D

Trady

Hi Kevin Sir,

Bata's RS Rank is 131 for the period FEB-APRIL

See The Comparison with other Leather stocks in the sector.

Last edited:

Trady

Kevin Sir,

I comparted bata between 01-02-2010 & 01-02-2011

Even it suggested BATA to be a Strong Stock Since it had the Highest RS Rank.

Look at the attachment

Liberty Shoe had Negative RS Rank so it gave Negative Returns During The Period

Last edited:
Hi Trady,
You are right as these sector had splendid returns while nifty was struggling to comeback and i ma sure if broader market is positive till diwali i guess u would see good returns in these kind of sectors.....

How do u get that and how derive them ,pls share the afl....

Tauras, i know i cannot change ur mind and u know u cant do it for me either, u are good in ur style and i m good in mine....
dont get me wrong but ur so called "misconception" has worked for me recently and after loosing months, atleast these month i tried using relative strength and made some profits...
(actually traded in Banking stocks only)
So i live by my "Misconception" and i close these topic hence so forth....

Trady

I think Relative Strength Strategy combined with Quantitative Analysis gives the Best Possible returns.

I am still in the learning process.

There are Few Good Books On RS if you are in U.S

No my dear friend,
Unfortunately i m not in US and if u can suggest how to calculate them as my maths knowledge is weak ( I barely passed in my Board exam to be true).

if u want i can come to chat window and personally would like to to know how u do it as i m planning to take my trades based on RS which i combine with chart patterns for my swing trade

If u can help me....i would be grateful to u( even i m in learning stage)

jagankris

I think Relative Strength Strategy combined with Quantitative Analysis gives the Best Possible returns.

I am still in the learning process.

There are Few Good Books On RS if you are in U.S
Trady,

1) Can you pls give an example of Quantitative Analysis for better understanding with an example ?

Thanks,
JK

Trady

@ Kevin Sir,

This is the yearly FEB To FEB compariosn as requested by you.

If you look at the RS ranks...Titan and Orchid are in the High Range...

But as per QA rank for the Same Period...DishTV , IOB , DCB & Bata gave good retuns in the Current Quarter from FEB 1 to APR 29 But Titan & Orchid Didn't Perform well in the current quarter.

What is your View ?

Last edited: