Regulated Vs Unregulated Brokers

Regulated brokers are those who are registered with the financial regulatory body of their country (for example the FCA in the UK) and who must comply with the rules set down by that body. Unregulated brokers, on the other hand, do not have to comply with any rules but can behave in any manner they see fit.

stoch

Retail trading industry gradually gets more and more regulated and it's difficult for unregulated brokers to survive in this environment. That's why we see that the share of unregulated brokers gradually declines, i.e. less chances for rookie traders to walk into their trap.

Retail trading industry gradually gets more and more regulated and it's difficult for unregulated brokers to survive in this environment. That's why we see that the share of unregulated brokers gradually declines, i.e. less chances for rookie traders to walk into their trap.
And that's good news after too many years of scam brokers fooling people with impunity.

Although regulation alone is not the only criterion which should be considered while deciding on the trustworthiness of a broker but yes-majority of the scams are committed by unregulated brokers.

stoch

Although regulation alone is not the only criterion which should be considered while deciding on the trustworthiness of a broker but yes-majority of the scams are committed by unregulated brokers.
Right, and that's why after detailed examination of all broker opportunities I now prefer only brokers which took pains to acquire FCA license. I sacrifice my opportunity to use high leverage in exchange for additional safety. Example of such brokers are Tickmill or Hotforex.

Right, and that's why after detailed examination of all broker opportunities I now prefer only brokers which took pains to acquire FCA license. I sacrifice my opportunity to use high leverage in exchange for additional safety. Example of such brokers are Tickmill or Hotforex.
Wise words I completeley agree with.