Regarding understanding of intra day trend

marimuthu13

sir as per eod last 3 session RIL is in up trend @ 21 feb 2019, so in lower time frame on 22 nd i enter after retracement , but it not perform , that's why i post my query
For individual trades - you should measure only about your discipline, whether you followed your trade plan without deviation of any rules..

For group of trades -you should measure performance of your trading system..

For individual trades, you should expect 100% accuracy , for group of trades, you can expect around 40% to 80% accuracy depends upon your RR..

primitivetrader

how i make trade post with mention entry & stop
just because price has come to x,y,z fin retracements does not mean buy or sell. you have to look at whole picture on your chart trend is down and you are trying to play trend reversal, which is ok but only on the basis on fib ret it does not work most of the time.

just because price has come to x,y,z fin retracements does not mean buy or sell. you have to look at whole picture on your chart trend is down and you are trying to play trend reversal, which is ok but only on the basis on fib ret it does not work most of the time.
"who grasps principles " thanks sir understand your message , can you please give focus on it , means what principal should follow for a new trader. and more,after complete chart , trend visual is clear but during market hour's it difficult to understand , so my main query was as intraday how to defined trend ?

For individual trades - you should measure only about your discipline, whether you followed your trade plan without deviation of any rules..

For group of trades -you should measure performance of your trading system..

For individual trades, you should expect 100% accuracy , for group of trades, you can expect around 40% to 80% accuracy depends upon your RR..
thanks sir

primitivetrader

"who grasps principles " thanks sir understand your message , can you please give focus on it , means what principal should follow for a new trader. and more,after complete chart , trend visual is clear but during market hour's it difficult to understand , so my main query was as intraday how to defined trend ?
slope of a moving average is good enough to define a trend. basically it should be @ 45 degree up or down or between 12pm to 2pm angle for upside - this is very strong trend and 4pm to 6 pm angle - downside a strong trend. try to trade pull back from a moving average according to it angle. 20 ema is highly popular one, i use it. use of 45 degree trend line is also good to define a trend in an easy way but problem is many trading software do not have this function of 45 degree trend line.
day trading is all about timing the market. you should have the skills of reading price action and price structure. both are very big topics to cover in one post. but even if you have basic understanding of both and trade pull backs from moving average and have some short of exit method and sl (which is not difficult to know on a chart) u can make money.
all the best.

TracerBullet

The best resource i have found is Adam H Grimes, his 1st book and blog ( and etc ) is really great. The patterns he trades are the best way( and only way for me) that i have been able to use to be able to understand trends/ranges/Momentum/price action etc. Even then it will take time to use that and test/create your trading plan. There is a lot of fuzziness in trends and reversals, everything is only in terms of probabilities.

Multiple Failures at start is almost a guarantee i think ( even if your start with Grimes' book). If you can persist through those then maybe after some time you might see some progress.
Even if you dont look at it at first, try to stay in touch with the blog and podcast.

There is a lot of superstition around trading as well. Fibonacci etc don't really add value and are just a distraction. Not any more useful than simply using a Measured Move objection or saying that a pullback generally retraces say 25-75% of the impulse.

Last edited:
Hello guyz... I m new at day trading and would like to understand a few things.
On friday 22nd feb mothersonsumi was up by 5.7% but was not included in the top gainers list. Why?
By the way Mothersonsumi is included in nifty50.
I m really confused. Any help is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

marimuthu13

Hello guyz... I m new at day trading and would like to understand a few things.
On friday 22nd feb mothersonsumi was up by 5.7% but was not included in the top gainers list. Why?
By the way Mothersonsumi is included in nifty50.
I m really confused. Any help is highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Mothersonsumi is not in NIFTY 50..

It is there in NEXT NIFTY 50

slope of a moving average is good enough to define a trend. basically it should be @ 45 degree up or down or between 12pm to 2pm angle for upside - this is very strong trend and 4pm to 6 pm angle - downside a strong trend. try to trade pull back from a moving average according to it angle. 20 ema is highly popular one, i use it. use of 45 degree trend line is also good to define a trend in an easy way but problem is many trading software do not have this function of 45 degree trend line.
day trading is all about timing the market. you should have the skills of reading price action and price structure. both are very big topics to cover in one post. but even if you have basic understanding of both and trade pull backs from moving average and have some short of exit method and sl (which is not difficult to know on a chart) u can make money.
all the best.
sir can you check this one i do trade today little quantity , & close profitable ,as per 45 degreee slop & fib retrace i try to take buy side and post chart along with

Attachments