Regarding understanding of intra day trend

newtrader101

ofeten get confusion about trend as intra day basis, if any can help to short this confusion
This could be helpful for checking trends in multiple time frames (starts from 27:03):

1550926878398.png

As per the Multiple Time Frame analysis as outlined in the above video , there was a trading opportunity on 5 min tf during the first half of 210219, as the price and all the MA pointed in the same direction. The EMAs are 20, 60, 200 (5, 15, 60 min x 20 EMA). 20 x 12 = 240 approximated to 200.

Last edited:
This could be helpful for checking trends in multiple time frames (starts from 27:03):

View attachment 33489
As per the Multiple Time Frame analysis as outlined in the above video , there was a trading opportunity on 5 min tf during the first half of 210219, as the price and all the MA pointed in the same direction. The EMAs are 20, 60, 200 (5, 15, 60 min x 20 EMA). 20 x 12 = 240 approximated to 200.
so kind of you sir jee , many many thanks . I need direction , but you gift me treasury

mohan.sic

sir as per eod last 3 session RIL is in up trend @ 21 feb 2019, so in lower time frame on 22 nd i enter after retracement , but it not perform , that's why i post my query
SO you must now understand from your trading experience that this trading method is wrong for intraday.

TracerBullet

SO you must now understand from your trading experience that this trading method is wrong for intraday.
I am not saying that his method is right/wrong, but 1 instance does not mean anything at all..
Trading is a probabilities game, if you take say 100 or more such setups with same rules and then have some net returns over cost, then you can say that the setup maybe has an edge.

You can do exactly the right thing on your best setup and still loose on any one trade / few trades. Thats how it works ..

Hello guyz... I m new at day trading and like to understand a few things.
On friday 22nd feb mothersonsumi was up by 5.7% but was not included in the top gainers list. Why?
Mothersonsumi is included in nifty50.

ofeten get confusion about trend as intra day basis ,if any can help to short this confusion
Bro in Intraday you have to be very fast in Decision making. Personally I was using 15 min time frame for the trading but 15 min timeframe is too late to identify any quick trend or reversal. Now I am shifted to 5 min time frame you should also try 5 min for Intraday. and bro in your pic RIL also made a Dark Cloud pattern on 15 min charts that shows the reversal of Trend.

TracerBullet

so does this setup has an edge? How is your experience in trading this set up and what are the odds.
I dont know, it was just a one line statement without specifics, but in any case only way to find is test it and check how it does ..
Anyway, pullbacks do have an edge in my market-TF but it depends on how you define it and under what context and how you enter and how you exit. Many parts to a trading plan ...