Reg: Intra daytrading software

Heyya guys what happened to the software talked about there is no talk about it !!!!!!!!!!! The project you people had taken would have helped many retail investors who want to earn from the market. I guess you people should review about it.

Re: Build Your Own Intraday Data database

gaussias said:
i havent read all the posts but came across few posts talking about writing a software for getting intra day data free.i have attached the java source code for a small java app that pulls intraday data (at the end of day) from nse website (everythings hardcoded in the code).for non programmers install the java runtime environment and just execute the batch file using the compiled code (i havent run the app for long time,hopefully should be ok). if not the java programmers following this thread can help (sorry for not giving very specific instructions).

few negatives
- since the applet from nse website does not update in real time (that is data remains static until you refresh the applet) you cannot use it for real time data (of course something can be written to poll every few minutes and then make incremental update,but would be waste of bandwidth,should be ok for a few scrips).
- also no volume data is available.
- data is only for stocks (no futures data but can be modified)
- as long as the nse applet doesnt change the utility should be ok.

few positives:

- tick by tick data.
- intra day data can be downloaded at end of day before (next days trading session).
- the ticker file can be modified to contain specific scrips.
- useful for backtesting (i have imported it into amibroker using a script file).

Todo (if any body wants to):

- robust exception handling.
- moving some information to configuration file
file format,file name etc.
and many others i guess.

the app does the job.it has lot of promise,i havent taken the trouble to take it further (hope somebody will perfect it to achieve the goal of free real time data).i did use the app to download data.it downloads about 20Mb worth of data for the nse tickers.

also i had the link (i need to search that one) to get data from yahoo website realtime (thats what the RTQDownloader does).a java app with threading and stuff can be written to get minute by minute data as well as volume information.but it would be processing intensive and waste of bandwidth as well (but worth it).

also as far i understand what the Medved QuoteTracker does is to parse the html from the nse web site (so its not really relatime and with lot of lag as well).

good luck.hope this will help keep the quest for free software for intraday data going.
very good stuff but very slow....need good bandwidth..

satya

Another Free Software

came across this java based open source software.it takes data from yahoo (EOD with which i have tested and possibly intraday).it is based on the plugin functionality of the eclipse platform,so you can extend it further and add more functionality.

the interface is nice but the technical analysis functionality is still at its nascent stage.

http://eclipsetrader.sourceforge.net/
http://eclipsetrader.sourceforge.net/screenshot1.gif

can somebody guide me how to configure medved quote tracker; i just downlaoded it; i am not able to get any charts etc and i am confused. is there any prior positng in these forums of how to configure it? if it so can somebody guide me to it; i ahve been able to reach apoint where i ahve created a folio and added few scripts. i ahve also a list of nse symbols and hence adding a script i ahve learnt. can isee also f&O quotes in medved Qt? if possible how to see it?

thanks

Does India Bulls give real time ticker

Hi,

Can anybody tell me that whether India Bulls gives real time ticker and software for online trading to its members.

I am thinking of getting registered with IB. Can anybody suggest me whether they are good or not

Vishal

Re: Does India Bulls give real time ticker

Can anybody tell me that whether India Bulls gives real time ticker and software for online trading to its members.
They will charge onetime fee for providing software .It was Rs 750 when i Paid .

I am thinking of getting registered with IB. Can anybody suggest me whether they are good or not
If your question is about Their software , It is Good and i feel verymuch better than many other softwares .

Naresh

Hello,

Yes IB is good for intraday trading. Get their exe. based application software to be installed in your computer which will give you NSE, BSE, F&O realtime quotes and facility to execute the orders.

Saji