Reduced BTST charges in cash segment (intraday like) on any brokerages in 2019

rvsw

Hello
I am wondering if there are any brokerages that offer reduced charges on BTST trades in 2019. Zerodha/ICICI direct/Reliance etc all seem to be treating it as delivery so it attracts STT of 0.1% instead of around 0.015% on intraday trade in the cash segment.
Thanks for any inputs

travi

Hello
I am wondering if there are any brokerages that offer reduced charges on BTST trades in 2019. Zerodha/ICICI direct/Reliance etc all seem to be treating it as delivery so it attracts STT of 0.1% instead of around 0.015% on intraday trade in the cash segment.
Thanks for any inputs
STT is imposed by Govt. and if it is classified as Delivery, then I don't think any broker is going to pay out of their own pocket to pay for your STT.

rvsw

Thanks for responding. I do understand that broker cannot do anything about STT. But if they ensure that the delivery is not taken - in other words, the trade is squared off the next day - then STT would not be applicable.
That is what I am trying to figure out - if any broker can do that

soft_trader

Thanks for responding. I do understand that broker cannot do anything about STT. But if they ensure that the delivery is not taken - in other words, the trade is squared off the next day - then STT would not be applicable.
That is what I am trying to figure out - if any broker can do that
No they can't do it as per regulation. Whenever a position is carried to the next day, it is considered delivery by the exchange, and the exchange forwards it to the clearing house for settlement, and a settlement number is assigned. Exchange marks it as a delivery transaction and the clearing house of the exchange charges higher STT to the broker, who in turn collects it from the client.

So there is no way a broker can mark it as non-delivery trade as it is done by the exchange itself.