Recommended brokers / trading platform

lemondew

Was it for everyone or only for you. Why you were not able to logit. Did you report the issue to them

Yes, considering my experience so far, I would not want to use them as my broker. Will look to transfer my funds and accounts once I identify another broker. Today I got logged off from Upstox for an hour at open. It is unimaginable for me to be able to trade this way. Not being able to access your position can mean taking a chance of having a massive loss.

Your point about brokers growing rapidly who gobble more than they can digest (adding business without infrastructure and support) handle is absolutely spot on.

I can understand a one off breakdown of system. Hence the thread on brokers who provide a good platform and service.

Thanks for your input. Appreciated.

pannet1

The best brokerage is the one that doesn't have a customer service department. It is like you are so confident of your product or service that it would not need customer service. Unfortunately no broker can do that in India because they are dependent on NSE for certain things. Also I was shocked to learn from Tejas that brokers are supposed to use only ISP authorized by them.

Thank you Tejas,

For a founder/CEO to be on the forum and reply is really appreciable and great as it will keep you in pulse with the traders sentiments.

I need to read up on the platform that you provide and its features. Will definitely do so over the weekend. Though have to say have a preference for NEST.

Another question I would like to ask is : As we are in the midst of lockdown, how do you go about registering a customer and the time required.

Thanks.

So would like to have input from traders on recommended brokers who can provide the following :
I obviously recommend FYERS since I am CEO but for the following reasons:

1. Stable platform that is quick on execution especially in F&O and Commodity segment.
Proven platform that is being used by thousands of traders every day.
2. Has minimal disruption to service.
We're always available. You can visit our thread on Traderji to get the jist.

3. Is not locked or unaccessable during time of volatility.
March was the best month for us so far. Also, since we had invested in systems that can help us to work remotely to adapt to the changing requirements, we were able to work from home/remote locations 100% without any disruptions.

4. Provides quick and reliable service.
We do. We also have a Support Portal that answers most of the questions just in case you want answers immediately. You can access it here - FYERS Support Portal.

5. Is low cost - not necessarily a discount broker. Please advise brokerage charges.
We're the lowest considering you can trade for free* if you are profitable. Also, our prices are at par with other leading discount brokers. You can refer to our pricing here.

I guess FYERS clients haven't seen this thread but a lot of other names came up despite their absence from the forum. Anyways, I would like you to know that I have vested interests in FYERS as the Co-Founder & CEO. I have just given you factual information. My reply should not be misconstrued as marketing and I encourage readers to do their own research before making any decisions based on my reply.

All the best & Happy Trading!

That is what I am not sure, if it was only for me. But have heard of platform issues from other traders who are also using NEST. Their issue is problem in trade execution during the first 15 minutes at open and last 15 minutes before close.

I did not pursue with them on this, because the funds were not credited to account, and so in a way it would be pointless.

I did take a screenshot for reference.

RKSV7.PNG

Was it for everyone or only for you. Why you were not able to logit. Did you report the issue to them

lemondew

There are some issues with all brokers. So if the frequency of the issue is less to you I would suggest to continue. Alternatively open an account with another one. Every broker must have had some glitches.

All of these brokers including zerodha, upstox, finvasia, ib, fyers have had issues sometime. But they are all good to make money. Cheers :)

That is what I am not sure, if it was only for me. But have heard of platform issues from other traders who are also using NEST. Their issue is problem in trade execution during the first 15 minutes at open and last 15 minutes before close.

I did not pursue with them on this, because the funds were not credited to account, and so in a way it would be pointless.

View attachment 41606

View attachment 41606

lemondew

See the reviews open account and figure out what suits you best at any point of them. suggest you to open accounts with ib,fyers, wisdom, finvasia, aliceblue. Trade and use what is good for you at moment.

some provide api/ other provide cost advantage. See whatever suits you and use it. At future point of time based on your preferences you may change...

Thanks Lemondew for your feedback

If the issue is with all brokers, will have to along with the broker with least disruptions. Brokerage has to be competitive, not looking for cheap... The problem with with regular brokers, will result in daily brokerage of Rs. 2,000 or more everyday. So that is not an acceptable option.

So will look for an alternative broker, providing NEST terminal, basic charting, and minimal disruption....

See the reviews open account and figure out what suits you best at any point of them. suggest you to open accounts with ib,fyers, wisdom, finvasia, aliceblue. Trade and use what is good for you at moment.

some provide api/ other provide cost advantage. See whatever suits you and use it. At future point of time based on your preferences you may change...

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Thank you Tejas,

For a founder/CEO to be on the forum and reply is really appreciable and great as it will keep you in pulse with the traders sentiments.

I need to read up on the platform that you provide and its features. Will definitely do so over the weekend. Though have to say have a preference for NEST.

Another question I would like to ask is : As we are in the midst of lockdown, how do you go about registering a customer and the time required.

Thanks.
Hi @Delta99, I enjoy interacting with our clients and learning from them.

In the midst of the lockdown, our entire team is working. All operations and activities are going on as usual as we had invested in the required systems to ensure that we can work from remote locations years before the lockdown started.

The turn around time for account opening is the same as it was before except if you choose to open it offline. Demat accounts POA requires physical signatures so that's the only thing that will be delayed if the lockdown is extended. The trading account can be opened online.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Delta99, I enjoy interacting with our clients and learning from them.

In the midst of the lockdown, our entire team is working. All operations and activities are going on as usual as we had invested in the required systems to ensure that we can work from remote locations years before the lockdown started.

The turn around time for account opening is the same as it was before except if you choose to open it offline. Demat accounts POA requires physical signatures so that's the only thing that will be delayed if the lockdown is extended. The trading account can be opened online.

Hope this helps.
Hi Mr. Tejas,
What about MCX ?