Recommended Books on Technical Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sh, the book by Murphy is an excellent book on TA. This is not available in most book shops however and besides the cost is quite high (I was told its over 3000 INR).

query for traderji and other forum seniors......

Traderji said:

1) Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications
by John J. Murphy

2) Technical Analysis Explained: The Successful Investor's Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points
by Martin J. Pring

dear traderji,
i am a starter from delhi, been only 4 mnths trading.....i am a short term trader with a little trading capital......... want 2 learn technical analysis.......pls guide me where in delhi will i find the above books??
and...... if i have 2 choose only one from these 2....which is best and easiest 2 read and understand.........pls tell the best book for indian mkts. as i also figure that these books r written by foreign authors who, i think, know less of the uncertainity of the indian mkts.......i do speculate that such books must b very costly......so there is no point if u buy one and cant understand it........ moreover must contain useful stuff for BEGINNERS..........pls answer at the earliest.........
thanx in advance........................ :)

Last edited:
Re: query for traderji and other forum seniors......

devansh_god said:
Traderji said:

1) Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications
by John J. Murphy

2) Technical Analysis Explained: The Successful Investor's Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points
by Martin J. Pring

dear traderji,
i am a starter from delhi, been only 4 mnths trading.....i am a short term trader with a little trading capital......... want 2 learn technical analysis.......pls guide me where in delhi will i find the above books??
and...... if i have 2 choose only one from these 2....which is best and easiest 2 read and understand.........pls tell the best book for indian mkts. as i also figure that these books r written by foreign authors who, i think, know less of the uncertainity of the indian mkts.......i do speculate that such books must b very costly......so there is no point if u buy one and cant understand it........ moreover must contain useful stuff for BEGINNERS..........pls answer at the earliest.........
dear traderji,
have been sincerly waiting for ur reply...........pls reply at the earliest........

I just checked www.firstandsecond.com and the books are available there.

Prings book (Indian Edition - 1991) is available for just 950 Rs.

There is also a hardcover edition (US edition- 2002) available for 2500 Rs.

Which would be recommended? IS there any huge difference?

Traderji

Super Moderator

devansh_god said:
Traderji said:

by John J. Murphy

by Martin J. Pring

dear traderji,
Although both are excellent books and classics in their own right you can start with the Martin Pring book for now. If that is not availabe in your area, then get the John Murphy book.

From Which bookstore in Dehli can i get these two books?..........A prompt & positive response is very much anticipated...

by John J. Murphy

by Martin J. Pring

Sahil

Status
Not open for further replies.