Recommend Best broker for long term investment

Hi,

I have been an investing since 2006 with geojit and have opened an account with mosl since 2013 due to service issues with geojit.

I want to have a long term portfolio with combination of short term investing.

My experience with geojit & mosl
- If I buy the stocks recommended by them it doesn't work for me. It ends up in loss. The price the shares are bought are high(lesson learnt)
- Service is not upto the mark. I can as well manage with budget brokerage firm.

I want to consider zerodha as it is very close to my house.

Can I link my zerodha trading account with existing demat account or consolidate my holdings with zerodha demat account provided by IL&FS?
How is zerodha for holding long term investments? Should I park my investments in geojit/mosl and do the trading in zerodha and selling thru zerodha after transferring shares to zerodha demat account?

Please share your views.

poortrader

Hi,

I have been an investing since 2006 with geojit and have opened an account with mosl since 2013 due to service issues with geojit.

I want to have a long term portfolio with combination of short term investing.

My experience with geojit & mosl
- If I buy the stocks recommended by them it doesn't work for me. It ends up in loss. The price the shares are bought are high(lesson learnt)
- Service is not upto the mark. I can as well manage with budget brokerage firm.

I want to consider zerodha as it is very close to my house.

Can I link my zerodha trading account with existing demat account or consolidate my holdings with zerodha demat account provided by IL&FS?
How is zerodha for holding long term investments? Should I park my investments in geojit/mosl and do the trading in zerodha and selling thru zerodha after transferring shares to zerodha demat account?

Please share your views.
Hi

1. it will be better if you send a mail to zerodha directly, and / or also post in zerodha thread.

2. of course u can link your trading account of zerodha with your existing demat account. but u wont get the benefit of margin from your long term holding shares. only if u have in zerodha's demat u will get margin from the shares for trading

3. for long term holding of shares ideally there should not be any AMC on demat, i think IIFL has a demat scheme which has no AMC, just a one time charge of 750 bucks

jamit_05

Hi

3. for long term holding of shares ideally there should not be any AMC on demat, i think IIFL has a demat scheme which has no AMC, just a one time charge of 750 bucks
Hello,

Why do you suggest that the demat should not have AMC for very long term share holders? Are there any consequences if for some vague reason the dues are not paid on time?