Recommend a Charting Software for Day Trading

primitivetrader

u need to mention what all you are looking in charting software. any specific indicators you want or any specific system. what kind of trader r u day,swing or positional.
u can look for amibroker, ninjatrader these are open ended system you can do your own coding and all. ninjatrader is free and u can get real time data either from truedata of gdfl.

ajeetsingh

Just sharing my personal experience.
As you are using just basic indicators then amibroker will be enough for you.
As help for it, is easily available.
In India, every second trader have Amibroker.
Further, it depends on timeframe of candle.
If you use 1-2 min candle then go for certified data seller
but if plot 10+ min candle then simple linking Nest to amibroker will also serve the purpose.
Money saved will add to your profits.
All of above, costs not more than 5K (one time).
It all depends on what extent of precision you want in chart.
Normally Bid/Ask traders need highly accurate data.

Disclaimer: I myself use Amibroker 6.30 with Nest datafeed.
On chart I have simple indicators which shows same results if candle closes at 190.10 or 190.20
Costing prediction considered cracked version of amibroker.

primitivetrader

I signed up from truedata trial and today is my first day.

Truedata is not working today since morning. The support is not sure when it will be back. How often such issues crop up with truedata?
nowadays its seems to be frequent thats what i have heard. another option is to sub for icharts.in java charts but there u can't make any custom indicator. i am currently using it

milkyblack

I signed up from truedata trial and today is my first day.

Truedata is not working today since morning. The support is not sure when it will be back. How often such issues crop up with truedata?
I have also used truedata and moved out of them as their services are very bad and have a very horrible customer care. better to stay away from truedata