Realtime Data Feed - NSE/FNO/MCX

Hi all,

I m a software developer and currently working to develop an application. As per requirement, I need Realtime Data Feed for (NSE/FNO/MCX) . I wouldn't mind paying charges for them if any but the vendor should be stable and good to work with.

Please suggest some reliable vendor from where I can opt the same.

Regards.

Hi all,

I m a software developer and currently working to develop an application. As per requirement, I need Realtime Data Feed for (NSE/FNO/MCX) . I wouldn't mind paying charges for them if any but the vendor should be stable and good to work with.

Regards.
I think
You should visit nse website
And you will get the links for their authorised vendor for Realtime Data Feed for NSE/FNO atleast

mastermind007

Hi all,

Regards.
sachinaddy

Where are you based? What programming languages are you proficient in? I have developed a very stable and 100% legitimate data feed for these exchanges and would be interested in further talented person to leverage it efficiently.

a1b1trader

Hi all,

Regards.
Hi Sachinaddy

Here is one

Visit the following link for more details

http://www.globaldatafeeds.in

It is said that they are official data vendor of NSE. Zerodha and some other brokers (sorry I do not remember the names of other brokers at the moment) have a tie-up with them for discounted rates.

hi
global data feeds are priced at Rs 2300 per month or more.
they are suitable for brokers and high net worth traders who can spend 70000 on data feed alone as their profts are high to meet such expenses.

globaldatafeed not suitable for small traders at all.

stumper

hi
...they are suitable for brokers and high net worth traders
...who can spend 70000 on data feed alone.
...globaldatafeed not suitable for small traders at all.
I could not understand why would you think so?. I really could not locate any OFFICIAL DATA VENDOR who is in sub Rs.25000 range ! .. So how does that make globaldatafeed not suitable for small traders? (Unless you are OK for UnOfficial vendors who mostly extract data from Yahoo/Google/Odin, etc).

So are they really charging a bomb ?.... I dont think so.

First, Depending on what kind of Package and Period you buy it for ... A Annual Package for both MCX and NSE will cost around Rs.52000. Almost half of this is paid back to the respective Exchanges as Data Fee. Add the cost incurred by the Vendor themselves (they have 24x7 IT Infrastructure, staff, etc as overhead cost).

Second, Brokers/HNI would either have Data from the Exchange direct or have it from premium data vendors like Bloomberg/Reuters/eSignal etc.

Third, about who can afford to spend Rs.50000/year or above on Data . Anyone who is profitable (after expenses) and needs quality data, will choose any official data vendor like globaldatafeed or likes. If you are starting up, you might choose to use some of the free sources like Google Finance for your charting needs. Or you can opt to use any paid official data feed and consider this as a mandatory cost of your trading operation.

Fourth, Does it makes sense to opt for Official data vendor verses some of the unofficial data vendor? ... For me , it does. I'm a day trader and for me quality, speed and reliability of data matters. A delayed feed means late entry for me (and in turn losses). A Incorrect tick means i miss out on my entry signal. A day when the vendor has outage in his datacenter means i could not trade for the day.

The whole reason i took time to write this post because i saw so many messages on this forum about people asking for cheap data vendor and/or data extractor tools. While its every individuals call to choose depending on his Pockets, people have to understands the pro-cons of both the options. A incorrect tick data from a unofficial vendor may toss out your strategy signals or may give you false signals! ... The losses from such would be much higher then what you would have paid up to a official data vendor.

Many argue over need for this expense when one is in learning stage. If your TA methods depend on minutes or tick data, the free tools are out of question. Free tools, as per my personal opinion, are reliable only for EOD analysis. Similarly the cheap Unofficial data vendors (or Extracted Data vendors) are something you might want to consider *ONLY* during learning phase and *ONLY* if your education does NOT involve back testing.

Also people have to accept that Trading NEEDS you to be properly capitalized. If you are not, you are at a disadvantage over other traders who are probably better capitalized and who have better tools at their disposal.

Consider Trading Tools (Charting Software + Data Feed) as a operational expense of your trading journey (even if you are learning). Choosing wrong tools may give you wrong results and may end up discourage you from your learning goals.

Hi sachin

I am also working on such a tool, please send an email so that we can join together and develop a tool. You send your phone number to my email id so that I can call and discuss further.

meena.marthandam (at) gmail.com

Meena

Hi, Global data feed is superb and low cost compared with E-Signal. Even for learning only use GDFL. The noise in chart is the result of people trading using cheap data.