Realtime 15min Intraday Data Wanted!

novice1

Re: realtime 15min intraday data wanted

investock said:
Tanewbie,
Another solution is to get the data in to MEDVED QUAOTETRACKER. It accepts feeds from NSE directly and SIFY WALLETWATCH.
Only problem is that I do not know if the NSE data is also delayed. I have not checked the same. I request any one with experience in this to comment.
Hi,

Thanks for this wonderful tip. I find that NSE data is direct from NSE now.

Not sure how to use the historical charting with prophet.

Can you suggest some free/moderately priced charting software with historical data ?

Regards

Sekhar S

PS: As the user name suggests I am a novice

nareshch said:
I am using rtq downloader for realtime data from past 4 days .Its good .I am using the trial version of it .You can try it and if u satisfy then u can buy the application.BUT , we dont know how much time Yahoo gives the realtime quotes free .... They may made it a paid service in future . Right now its realtime but sometimes u may see a delay of 1 to 2 mins .

Naresh
Hi Naresh, I have installed RTQ on my system, but havent been able to figure out how to add securities in it and how to get teh quotes.
could u pls provide the steps?
Thanx
TG

Novice1,
Historical data has to be bought from Viratech.

You can also download the same from Yahoo but Yahoo allows download of 9 months data at a time. You can use Databull to download the data. The cheapest software I know of is Amibroker whichcosts Rs 11000-12000 approx.( depends on $ value at the time of purchase- you have to buy directly from amibroker.com as they have no distributers ).

If you search this forum, you will find enough info on several free charting software which you can use with Yahoo data.

nareshch

Trader_Guy said:
Hi Naresh, I have installed RTQ on my system, but havent been able to figure out how to add securities in it and how to get teh quotes.
could u pls provide the steps?
Thanx
TG
Hi ,

In RTQ , goto securities in the right pane and right click and add a group .Ex.Nse .Now right click on the created NSE and select add symbollist >u can see a box with browse button .Browse it to symbollists / india and select what ever u want like bse 100 , nse500 etc.
My path for sysmbol lists is c:\program files\rtqdownloader\sysmbollists\india

Regards
Naresh

Last edited:

Hi,

Right now does any one know how the real time data provided by the yahoo finance site can be integrated into trading software like metastock or amibroker ? And how reliable is the yahoo data Any ideas ?

Regards,
Snowy.

tanewbie

I am using yahoo RT into metastock.

For this u need to install metastock 8 pro version.
While installing u select esignal as the RT provider.
then install hyperserver from:
http://forum.hypertrader.net/showthread.php?t=94

once u hv done this let me know Iwill send data fiels across during wekend and u can start from monday.

One drawback is that there is no back fill. That means if your pc is not on at any point of time during the trrading hours you wont get data for the period the pc and the program was not on.

tanewbie said:
I am using yahoo RT into metastock.

For this u need to install metastock 8 pro version.
While installing u select esignal as the RT provider.
then install hyperserver from:
http://forum.hypertrader.net/showthread.php?t=94

once u hv done this let me know Iwill send data fiels across during wekend and u can start from monday.

One drawback is that there is no back fill. That means if your pc is not on at any point of time during the trrading hours you wont get data for the period the pc and the program was not on.
I hv visited the Hypertrader site many time s and downloaded their software, it just doesnt work. It only creates a help file on the system.

If that is how it is supposed to be, then pls tell what to do after the help file is created.. how do i go abt using hypertarder..

if not, then would u be kind enough to mail teh setup files for hypertrader?

TG

Sharekhan's speedtrade is by far the best online software i hv come across so far.. it has macd, rsi, stoch , MA , bollinger and a few other indicators

In itself the sw is good for real time ( no hassles of streaming data) but compared to charting software like Metastcok.. Sharekhan is nothing....

I already have Sharekhan and i hv technically outgrown it, looking for real time in Metastock... wonder when am i gonna get it....

TG