Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

RTD 1.6 setup with Zerodha Nest Trader successfully done. I have set Ami setting as "Start Time of Interval", however, backfill data from NEST starts from 0916; therefore, first 5-min candle is built with only 4 1-min candles (0916, 0917, 0918, 0919), and there are differences in several candles vis-a-vis' Zerodha PI. Even if I set Ami setting to "End Time of Interval", first 5-min candle (09:19:59) is built with only 4 1-min candles (0916, 0917, 0918, 0919).

How to get all 5 candles in first 5-min candle, with RTD Backfill data? Am I making any stupid mistake?
I managed to solve problem for Backfill data above using TIMESHIFT on RTD1.Format. However, for real-time tick data, TICKS between 59th second and 60th second seem to be going to next candle in Zerodha Nest Plus while they appear in current candle with RTD. Although this is only academic, but, if I want an apple to apple map, should I use TIMESHIFT in RTD2.Format?

Solicit views of Mr Josh on this, and others on this forum. And thanks a ton ton Mr Josh for this wonderful wonderful utility.

josh1

May be my expression was not clear. I was trying to change from 32 bit to 64 bit Nest Trader. Memory usage shown in task manager never goes above 5gb, not always 5 gb. It varies from 3gb to 5gb. I am using windows 10 1809 version. My amibroker database for rtd use has only 6 scrips bnf, nf and 4 more. At the time of RTD, I have Amibroker, excel 2019, Finvasia Nest Trader and rtd 1.6 only.
LVG - your memory usage should not exceed 2GB. There is something wrong with your windows. Use 32bit version of Nest Trader. 64bit will not work. Sort applications in Task manager and check which one is consuming memory. It will mostly be windows update(my guess).

josh1

I managed to solve problem for Backfill data above using TIMESHIFT on RTD1.Format. However, for real-time tick data, TICKS between 59th second and 60th second seem to be going to next candle in Zerodha Nest Plus while they appear in current candle with RTD. Although this is only academic, but, if I want an apple to apple map, should I use TIMESHIFT in RTD2.Format?

Solicit views of Mr Josh on this, and others on this forum. And thanks a ton ton Mr Josh for this wonderful wonderful utility.
No RTD2.format is for different purpose. You will never get apple to apple map. We do not get tick data from exchange. All we get is optimised sample even through other applications including GDFL. So do not consider Zerodha PI data as sacrosanct. If you want to match with NestPlus, you can use timeshift in RTD.format and RTD1.format.

Did anybody face this problem: I installed Nest 3.16.0 on C drive. But data table is not opening; neither with shift+D nor with right click - plugin commands - data table.
Nestplus says user logged in successfully. Aslo, plus chart opens instantly, but only data table is not working.
Also, as shown in the video, in VWAP stastics, there is no coloumn called "open interest" in Nest 3.16.0 It only shows "differential OI" and "cumulative OI"

Edit:
Chatted with TSO and was told that I have to open chart first and then open data table. It works.
Now just the doubt with OI in VWAP statstics.

Hi, did your OI and Cumm OI issue get sorted? I have the same problem and nothing works at my end....

Please ignore.. the issue got resolved and RTD working fine.. However, not able to get data for Indexes..

Last edited:

lvgandhi

LVG - your memory usage should not exceed 2GB. There is something wrong with your windows. Use 32bit version of Nest Trader. 64bit will not work. Sort applications in Task manager and check which one is consuming memory. It will mostly be windows update(my guess).
I am using Nest trader 32 bit only. Just wanted to try 64 bit for memory problem. Memory usedby programsNT, Ami and excl is with 400 to 450 MB. Rest windows programs use other memory. Hence total variesfrom 3 to 5 gb. Even when no program is running, memory usedis2.7 gb.

Last edited:
RTD 1.6 is very very slow in backfill.
Also, Data of other symbols present in MW are filled in another scrip while backfilling. So data gets corrupted oftenly. This issue was not in earlier versions.
Deleting Tics take 5-10 mins or even more time per scrip.
I m using Amibroker 5.7 version.
Problem resolved. Due to my ignorance, Nest was running as Admin. Have now set to normal start and fixed the issue.

josh1

lvgandhi

This is also very high. It should be around 1.5gb.
I am using windows 10 home 1809. When I have 8 gb ram and even in worst case 3 gb free ram I have. Why should I get memory error from finvasia 16 bit nest trader? For me it is still a mystery.
However I would like to know how to bring down no program memory usage from 2.7 gb to 1.5gb.

Josh1 ji i have some questions

1) Do you have nest trader 3.11.4.5 somewhere in dropbox ? pl. give me link.
2) whats the the difference b/w RTD 1.40 and RTD 1.6 ?
3) Can I use RTD 1.40 with Nest Trader v 3.16 ?

Thanks