Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

HI Guys,

I successfully installed RTDman & getting backfill data of 21days through nestplus but i want backfill of 2 months, how can I manually push the data to amibroker?
Hi
Opened Nestrader after a long gap....am not able to get backfil....using Zerodha Nest...Can anybody help....am I missing something...
Thanks

Vijay

Hi
For your Question no:1
I have not yet tried to do it for index. Because in RTD either we can feed stock quotes or Index at any point in time.So I never tried for Index. Sorry I couldnt help you on this.
For your question no:2
The below information is copied from internet and I have not yet tried. But I feel it should work

Merging quotations of two symbols

It happens sometimes that the ticker for the symbol is changed then you may get two tickers in your database - one holding historical quotes and the second one holding newest quotes (after name change). In order to put all quotes to the single ticker you should use Symbol->Merge feature. You should just select the new ticker (after name change) and choose Symbol->Merge. Then from the combo you should choose original ticker ("merge with") and optionally check the following fields:

overwrite duplicate quotes - checking this option will overwrite the quotes already existing in "new" ticker with those present in "old" ticker (this should really not be the case, but may happen).
delete "merge with" afterwards - checking this option will delete the "old" ticker after merging
assign alias name - checking this option will copy the "old" ticker to the alias field of the "new" ticker

For your question no:3.
I hope you can just download the data from datadownloader and update.
John, Thank you very much for your quick reply and helpful gesture. I must tell you that it's not either - or but rather you can get realtime data for both future and index at the same time without any trouble with RTD. My main query was about backfill through RTD.
About merging two symbols, thanks again for your internet info. Actually I tried it once earlier this way, but it didn't prove to be smooth way. If I keep the new symbol Nifty 50, then I wont be able to update from dataddownloader directly and if I keep the old one then I will continue having this realtime update problem. I need some clarity on merging aspect.

john302928

Hi
In RTD 1.4 we have either of 3 options to choose, Nest plus, VWAP, Index. If by we are pulling live data feed using nest plus option then how can we pull Index option. Please let me know. because I also want it.
And on the merging part, Once you are able to merge the symbols, next time once you download the data, import it and merge again. I know its kind of annoying thing to do over and over again. But for time being you can keep this option open till we find the right solution.
Look in to all those videos again. I feel i saw somewhere they talked about renaming symbols. I am really not sure it was mentioned in those videos or i saw in some other place. I could not recall it. But if I do, I will let you know. but if you figure it out first then share it here.

on the other side, you said you downloade data everyday using data downloader, Then why do you want to backfill index using RTD at the EOD. You can use the data from datadownloader. Am i missing anything?

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi
In RTD 1.4 we have either of 3 options to choose, Nest plus, VWAP, Index. If by we are pulling live data feed using nest plus option then how can we pull Index option. Please let me know. because I also want it.
And on the merging part, Once you are able to merge the symbols, next time once you download the data, import it and merge again. I know its kind of annoying thing to do over and over again. But for time being you can keep this option open till we find the right solution.
Look in to all those videos again. I feel i saw somewhere they talked about renaming symbols. I am really not sure it was mentioned in those videos or i saw in some other place. I could not recall it. But if I do, I will let you know. but if you figure it out first then share it here.

on the other side, you said you downloade data everyday using data downloader, Then why do you want to backfill index using RTD at the EOD. You can use the data from datadownloader. Am i missing anything?
U r supposed to do "preserve script". I don personally use it, just i remember josh explaining. I think he said, if we use preserve script for index then it ll be stored in ini file. Then next time u can continue from marketwatch. RTD ll pull index as well as the current scrips u select.

U r supposed to do "preserve script". I don personally use it, just i remember josh explaining. I think he said, if we use preserve script for index then it ll be stored in ini file. Then next time u can continue from marketwatch. RTD ll pull index as well as the current scrips u select.
Hi Vijkris
Can u help me with backfil..in Zerodha Nest trader
Opened Nestrader after a long gap....am not able to get backfil....using Zerodha Nest...Can anybody help....am I missing something...
Thanks

Vijay

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi Vijkris
Can u help me with backfil..in Zerodha Nest trader
Thanks

Vijay
Is there any error message?
Are you getting real time data?

Is there any error message?
Are you getting real time data?
Hi
I am getting real time data...only backfill problem....i dont see 'sign in' to NestPlus in Zerodha Nest trader...though earlier I used to sign in to Nest Plus...is it bcoz of that?
If 'yes'..then any workaround for that

Thanks

Vijay

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hi
I am getting real time data...only backfill problem....i dont see 'sign in' to NestPlus in Zerodha Nest trader...though earlier I used to sign in to Nest Plus...is it bcoz of that?
If 'yes'..then any workaround for that

Thanks

Vijay
Yes, u have to be logged in Nest Plus. Usually it logs in automatically.
Without logging in there is no workaround for nest plus, i think. vwap table will work though.
if nest plus login page opens up , in id and password type ZERODHA_*****
***** is ur zt login id.
eg:- ZERODHA_DS1110

vijkris

Learner and Follower
RTD for Index is not working, Please help me on this
You must have tick mark in show index value bar and also some index must be added in show indices dialog.
I m unable to post pic as of now to make it more clear, sorry.