Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

Hi, I am new to share market and not sure if i should post this here!

The first thread of this post says:

How to check whether RTD is activated..? --
Right+Click on any scrip in the market watch. A menu will pop up. Search down for an item “Link to Excel”. Click on it and you will be served with options. Choose all items.Open Microsoft Excel (version 2007 or above and 32bit only). Right+Click anywhere in the worksheet and choose “paste”. Excel will present you with all the scrips in market watch along with live quotes. If you see “N/A” everywhere then that means RTD is not enabled by your broker.
If broker says, he has done it, then you may be having permission issues in Windows. Start all applications as Administrator and check.
:)

I have two laptops,
First with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with MS Office 2010 Portable 32 bit
Second with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit with MS Office 2007 Pro full licensed version 32 bit

My discount broker says that,
"we need to get license from...", and, "we need to get license to enable this feature in Nest Trader because RTD is not in demand".

Their website states that they are in business since last 11 (eleven) years.. Is this possible or is he making me fool!!:confused:

Hi, I am new to share market and not sure if i should post this here!

The first thread of this post says:

How to check whether RTD is activated..? --
Right+Click on any scrip in the market watch. A menu will pop up. Search down for an item “Link to Excel”. Click on it and you will be served with options. Choose all items.Open Microsoft Excel (version 2007 or above and 32bit only). Right+Click anywhere in the worksheet and choose “paste”. Excel will present you with all the scrips in market watch along with live quotes. If you see “N/A” everywhere then that means RTD is not enabled by your broker.
If broker says, he has done it, then you may be having permission issues in Windows. Start all applications as Administrator and check.
:)

I have two laptops,
First with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with MS Office 2010 Portable 32 bit
Second with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit with MS Office 2007 Pro full licensed version 32 bit

My discount broker says that,
"we need to get license from...", and, "we need to get license to enable this feature in Nest Trader because RTD is not in demand".

Their website states that they are in business since last 11 (eleven) years.. Is this possible or is he making me fool!!:confused:
Who is the broker? RTD is usually activated by default. I suppose u should ditch that broker.

VJAY

showing error unable to connect to application. plz help

free photo hosting
As per josh all softwares(now/nest/ami/RTD must be in C drive not in programe files and remove asking admin...you can check it in installing videos which is showing in signature of Josh's post

vijkris

Learner and Follower
HI Guys,

I successfully installed RTDman & getting backfill data of 21days through nestplus but i want backfill of 2 months, how can I manually push the data to amibroker?
U should have that 2 months data in csv or txt format. Then use import wizard in amibroker to backfill it manually. Choose the appropriate columns in the import wizard.
There is no role of josh utilities and nest/nestplus in this scenario.

I was using josh sirs RTD 1.4 with Amibroker trial version earlier and charts are being saved automatically.Recently Disk got formateed and after re-installation of Amibroker(5.4 Trial) and RTD 1.4 the charts are not getting saved as earlier. will someone guide me in this respect.

I am very satisfied using new RTD 1_40. It's excellent software. Thanks a lot to the great team of its developers.
I have a few queries regarding RT data of spot index. With the help of a nice helping video provided with RTD, I was able to add Nifty index for real time data. But I see no way to get it backfilled either of same day or of historical data of a month or more.
When I tried doing the backfill of same day data , it rather corrupted the upcoming Nifty data and added some unknown numbers from other scrips.
My query is:
1. Is there a way to backfill Index or spot data ? If yes, I would be grateful to get a little upportive hints.

2. In the case of NO backfill of index data: I have one unrelated query : I have been gathering Nifty intraday data for last few years with the help of datadownloader and still keep updating with it). My problem is :
I have data with name Nifty. How can I merge the new realtime date with old symbol Nifty. I see the new real time data is coming with symbol: Nifty 50 (Nifty space 50). How to merge Nifty 50 with Nifty? Please help.

2. Is there any other way to backfill same day Index or spot data?

john302928

I am very satisfied using new RTD 1_40. It's excellent software. Thanks a lot to the great team of its developers.
I have a few queries regarding RT data of spot index. With the help of a nice helping video provided with RTD, I was able to add Nifty index for real time data. But I see no way to get it backfilled either of same day or of historical data of a month or more.
When I tried doing the backfill of same day data , it rather corrupted the upcoming Nifty data and added some unknown numbers from other scrips.
My query is:
1. Is there a way to backfill Index or spot data ? If yes, I would be grateful to get a little upportive hints.

2. In the case of NO backfill of index data: I have one unrelated query : I have been gathering Nifty intraday data for last few years with the help of datadownloader and still keep updating with it). My problem is :
I have data with name Nifty. How can I merge the new realtime date with old symbol Nifty. I see the new real time data is coming with symbol: Nifty 50 (Nifty space 50). How to merge Nifty 50 with Nifty? Please help.

2. Is there any other way to backfill same day Index or spot data?
Hi
For your Question no:1
I have not yet tried to do it for index. Because in RTD either we can feed stock quotes or Index at any point in time.So I never tried for Index. Sorry I couldnt help you on this.
For your question no:2
The below information is copied from internet and I have not yet tried. But I feel it should work

Merging quotations of two symbols

It happens sometimes that the ticker for the symbol is changed then you may get two tickers in your database - one holding historical quotes and the second one holding newest quotes (after name change). In order to put all quotes to the single ticker you should use Symbol->Merge feature. You should just select the new ticker (after name change) and choose Symbol->Merge. Then from the combo you should choose original ticker ("merge with") and optionally check the following fields:

overwrite duplicate quotes - checking this option will overwrite the quotes already existing in "new" ticker with those present in "old" ticker (this should really not be the case, but may happen).
delete "merge with" afterwards - checking this option will delete the "old" ticker after merging
assign alias name - checking this option will copy the "old" ticker to the alias field of the "new" ticker

For your question no:3.
I hope you can just download the data from datadownloader and update.