Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

TracerBullet

I have been using great Josh & company's Utility with two folders (NestRTD and Backfill) ever since they genrousy made it available. It worked flawlessly.
Recently seeing a new auto version of it I downloaded RTD and set it up as per short tutorials. It too worked nicely. However, I panicked when I tried to backfill with it recently. I'd missed two days data (june 4 & 5). So i backfilled on june 8 for two days data. first it took very long time in backfilling of two days data for about 5 scrips (in manual one through datatable it used to be so fast :( ... and to my horror .. I found that all my data prior to 4thjune 2015 gone. I am sure I surely did something silly.. some mistake in setting.. (fortunately I had an ami backing 15 days back.. so I was able to retrieve it and get latest data through my timetasted old data table and backfill :), still I lost around 5 days data as data table provides no more than 10 days of intraday data).
What did I do wrong. I did setting according to instruction .. Is it because i have set delete quote - yes .. as it is instructed there..
What is right way to do Backfill without losing prior data of course?
Why is backfilling so slow. .. is there a way to do it fast?
I am so indebted and obliged to you people for being so patient and for poviding not just an utility but giving step by step instructions and all necessary helps. Thanks a lot!
I dont know reason, maybe Datatable didnt have data for input range.
josh - If not already done, possible fix is to check the data from Backfill source and only delete if start and end time match.

Manual backfill exe does not have delete option yet - this means that if you have some data already and you backfill, your volume will be wrong.
I still use it, so as a workaround in this case i import data without volume using a modified exe. (This is used only when feed gets interrupted for short time)

josh1

I have been using great Josh & company's Utility with two folders (NestRTD and Backfill) ever since they genrousy made it available. It worked flawlessly.
Recently seeing a new auto version of it I downloaded RTD and set it up as per short tutorials. It too worked nicely. However, I panicked when I tried to backfill with it recently. I'd missed two days data (june 4 & 5). So i backfilled on june 8 for two days data. first it took very long time in backfilling of two days data for about 5 scrips (in manual one through datatable it used to be so fast :( ... and to my horror .. I found that all my data prior to 4thjune 2015 gone. I am sure I surely did something silly.. some mistake in setting.. (fortunately I had an ami backing 15 days back.. so I was able to retrieve it and get latest data through my timetasted old data table and backfill :), still I lost around 5 days data as data table provides no more than 10 days of intraday data).
What did I do wrong. I did setting according to instruction .. Is it because i have set delete quote - yes .. as it is instructed there..
What is right way to do Backfill without losing prior data of course?
Why is backfilling so slow. .. is there a way to do it fast?
I am so indebted and obliged to you people for being so patient and for poviding not just an utility but giving step by step instructions and all necessary helps. Thanks a lot!
I dont know reason, maybe Datatable didnt have data for input range.
josh - If not already done, possible fix is to check the data from Backfill source and only delete if start and end time match.

Manual backfill exe does not have delete option yet - this means that if you have some data already and you backfill, your volume will be wrong.
I still use it, so as a workaround in this case i import data without volume using a modified exe. (This is used only when feed gets interrupted for short time)
i have not touched the code for long time now. However, I remember that old data deletion if new data not found was fixed by Shankar. I will see if there is a bug.

His complaint is a bit different. --
( ... and to my horror .. I found that all my data prior to 4thjune 2015 gone.

Data prior to the start date will never go even if delete is set true. It deletes data from the start date and time onwards. May be he set start date prior to 4th June.

Two days data for 5 scrips will backfill in less than a minute unless it is commodities where data table pops up very late. In that case it is a lacuna in NEST and not RTD.

i have not touched the code for long time now. However, I remember that old data deletion if new data not found was fixed by Shankar. I will see if there is a bug.

His complaint is a bit different. --
( ... and to my horror .. I found that all my data prior to 4thjune 2015 gone.

Data prior to the start date will never go even if delete is set true. It deletes data from the start date and time onwards. May be he set start date prior to 4th June.

Two days data for 5 scrips will backfill in less than a minute unless it is commodities where data table pops up very late. In that case it is a lacuna in NEST and not RTD.
Most probably he changed the year by mistake to 2014 . . or 2013 or to whatever to before his first record in database

Thanks

Dawood

I installed RTD V 1.25. when i click Nest Plus it gives error "Exchange must be present market watch". How to solve this. Also no market watch scrips are visible. Iam running ZT and RTD both in admin mode. Please help.

Dawood

There is a new utility like data downloader. Tradermate .in. Benefit is it automatically backfills after downloading from google...no need to go to amibroker for importing data. We can automate it for running in regular intervals using auto hot key.

After installing open settings. In IEOD click manage symbol and add symbols without any notations. Keep the "update IEOD data to amibroker" box checked. Save and click "start IEOD update". Done.Keep ami open while updating.

Last edited:

Dawood

I installed RTD V 1.25. when i click Nest Plus it gives error "Exchange must be present market watch". How to solve this. Also no market watch scrips are visible. Iam running ZT and RTD both in admin mode. Please help.
Got the solution by rearranging the columns :)

yesterday I upgraded the nestplus version from 2.9.0.0 to 2.9.4.0. After that the backfill with Nestplus opens another window(a Nest product Advt.). I had already done the changes in shortcut manager in Nest and still the modified values exists.

aggy

dEAR jOSH sir thank you for your awesome work. i want to ask one question how can i add multiple series in this utility like nifty_f1 and nifty_f2. As i added Nifty_F2 symbol in amibroker but it'll reflect the values of F2 in F1.

Kindly help me out

Thanks in advance