Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

josh1

Today i too got that exact error while installing and setting up Nest trader and Rtd in my laptop.

Reinstalling Amibroker and Running The RTD and Nest Trader in Administrator mode solved that problem.

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro
See if it works in Normal mode next time onwards

Hi Josh1,

I got Nest trader RT data after some workouts. However, I have seen that irrespective of column settings, backfill gets same data set. I have seen that I don't have option to add Open Interest col in data table. Is there any option to add OI column in Nest Trader (Zerodha)? There is option to 'Add custom col', but it does not work.

Does it work for Now if once Nest is used. Once I was able to get the list of scrips in RTD pressing the buttons above. Now, always I get the error 'scrip to be present Market Watch'. (I overcame it before writing full welcome screen/installing terminal in Program(x86) folder). I have noticed that 'delete scrips' screen takes the scrips present in Nest. It is not taking data from Now.

josh1

Hi Josh1,

I got Nest trader RT data after some workouts. However, I have seen that irrespective of column settings, backfill gets same data set. I have seen that I don't have option to add Open Interest col in data table. Is there any option to add OI column in Nest Trader (Zerodha)? There is option to 'Add custom col', but it does not work.

Does it work for Now if once Nest is used. Once I was able to get the list of scrips in RTD pressing the buttons above. Now, always I get the error 'scrip to be present Market Watch'. (I overcame it before writing full welcome screen/installing terminal in Program(x86) folder). I have noticed that 'delete scrips' screen takes the scrips present in Nest. It is not taking data from Now.
Open interest column is already present in NOW and Nest Trader. You don't need custom column.

It works for NOW. You will have to fill the settings accordingly and recreate scrip list. (Select no to preserve. Select all scrips and start RTD)

Delete scrips takes scrips present in Amibroker database. Not from Terminal.

Open interest column is already present in NOW and Nest Trader. You don't need custom column.

It works for NOW. You will have to fill the settings accordingly and recreate scrip list. (Select no to preserve. Select all scrips and start RTD)

Delete scrips takes scrips present in Amibroker database. Not from Terminal.
I was not telling about Market Watch columns. I was telling abt 'Data Table' columns. In VWAP, I can see open interest and cumulative OI. But at the time of backfill those columns do not present in 'Data Table'. Only default charting format comes. In Data Table I don't see option to add OI. Reposition col option or add custom col option do not work here.

Please see the attached Images.

Attachments

Last edited:

josh1

I was not telling about Market Watch columns. I was telling abt 'Data Table' columns. In VWAP, I can see open interest and cumulative OI. But at the time of backfill those columns do not present in 'Data Table'. Only default charting format comes. In Data Table I don't see option to add OI. Reposition col option or add custom col option do not work here.

Please see the attached Images.
That is because Omnesys does not give OI in data table. There is no way to backfill OI

apologies if this post is unrelated to the thread's topic.

two questions:

1)has a utility been developed by josh or tracerbullet for nest to mt4...have searched for it in traderji but did not find anything
if there is such a thread pls share the link.....if there is no such utility, is it bcoz its impossible due to some software limitation?

2)what if omnesys/reuters decide to remove the RTD functionality from nest/now? is there any alternate way to extract data from terminal i.e. by recording marketwatch every 3 secs etc

TracerBullet

apologies if this post is unrelated to the thread's topic.

two questions:

1)has a utility been developed by josh or tracerbullet for nest to mt4...have searched for it in traderji but did not find anything
if there is such a thread pls share the link.....if there is no such utility, is it bcoz its impossible due to some software limitation?

2)what if omnesys/reuters decide to remove the RTD functionality from nest/now? is there any alternate way to extract data from terminal i.e. by recording marketwatch every 3 secs etc
1) Not by me. I think josh old excel one also didnt have but not sure.
2) Yusi has generic tool that takes from MW, Its reported to work very well. But it may not be freeware and it was for AB only i think ( check with him )

I have been using great Josh & company's Utility with two folders (NestRTD and Backfill) ever since they genrousy made it available. It worked flawlessly.
Recently seeing a new auto version of it I downloaded RTD and set it up as per short tutorials. It too worked nicely. However, I panicked when I tried to backfill with it recently. I'd missed two days data (june 4 & 5). So i backfilled on june 8 for two days data. first it took very long time in backfilling of two days data for about 5 scrips (in manual one through datatable it used to be so fast :( ... and to my horror .. I found that all my data prior to 4thjune 2015 gone. I am sure I surely did something silly.. some mistake in setting.. (fortunately I had an ami backing 15 days back.. so I was able to retrieve it and get latest data through my timetasted old data table and backfill :), still I lost around 5 days data as data table provides no more than 10 days of intraday data).
What did I do wrong. I did setting according to instruction .. Is it because i have set delete quote - yes .. as it is instructed there..
What is right way to do Backfill without losing prior data of course?
Why is backfilling so slow. .. is there a way to do it fast?
I am so indebted and obliged to you people for being so patient and for poviding not just an utility but giving step by step instructions and all necessary helps. Thanks a lot!