Real Time Data Now / Nest Trader to Amibroker, Fcharts

Dont know whether it is possible to backfill/download indices using RTD, but there are ways to download it.
1. Use Py_D utility developed by rmike bro. This utility provides 1 min data using Yahoo data. Edit as per your requirement
2. Using NestTrader, data table. Do not remember all the steps, at this moment. You have to edit as per your requirement

Dont know whether it is possible to backfill/download indices using RTD, but there are ways to download it.
1. Use Py_D utility developed by rmike bro. This utility provides 1 min data using Yahoo data. Edit as per your requirement
2. Using NestTrader, data table. Do not remember all the steps, at this moment. You have to edit as per your requirement
Hello tBull thanks for help. From where I can download Py_D utility? Can u provide the download link? In RTD1.6 Index button is greyed so I have no way to backfill thru it. That is why I am seeking other utility. Thanks in advance

josh1

Ok Thanks. I read the rmike thread - perhaps that utlity has stopped working too as many users complained later including you.
Anyway why is Index button in RTD 1.6 greyed out. In earlier version I remember it was active. Any help?
Exit RTD and restart it. Index button will switch on. Index value Bar should be inside main window.

Ok Thanks. I read the rmike thread - perhaps that utlity has stopped working too as many users complained later including you.
Anyway why is Index button in RTD 1.6 greyed out. In earlier version I remember it was active. Any help?
Me also complaining, of its not working, :DD
Anyway, its working for me and I downloaded last on 28.2

Exit RTD and restart it. Index button will switch on. Index value Bar should be inside main window.
Okay Josh Thanks. Yes next time Index was selectable. But it didnt backfill. Perhaps it's only meant for live realtime data. How to backfill in case one needs that and Joydeep's datadownloader or any utility based on goole is not working. I have data from 2012 till january 31 2019. I wanted to backfill after that in Nifty and bank nifty index.

josh1

Okay Josh Thanks. Yes next time Index was selectable. But it didnt backfill. Perhaps it's only meant for live realtime data. How to backfill in case one needs that and Joydeep's datadownloader or any utility based on goole is not working. I have data from 2012 till january 31 2019. I wanted to backfill after that in Nifty and bank nifty index.
It will backfill. Try again. Check whether there is data in data table

It will backfill. Try again. Check whether there is data in data table
Josh thanks - it worked. I tried again during market hour. After first ensuring that there is enough data in data table of Index (Nifty50, Nifty Bank). I tried to backfill. It did backfill nicely- of last 15 days as expected. Thanks a lot.
But I am facing a little problem, which is not really part of RTD issues and I understand, should not be raised in this forum here : RTD selcts Nifty 50 and Nifty Bank as indexes and hence puts data in Nifty 50 and Nifty Bank in amiroker. But I have historical data of indexes by the symbols: NIFTY and BANKNIFTY.
I tried changing the name in ini file viz:
Scrip1=Nifty 50;NIFTY;Index Value;
Scrip2=Nifty Bank;BANKNIFTY;Index Value;
Scrip3=nse_fo|TATAMOTORS19MARFUT;TATAMOTORS_F1;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today;Open Interest;
Scrip4=nse_fo|SBIN19MARFUT;SBIN_F1;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today;Open Interest;

As you can see here: after original symbol: Nifty 50 and semi colon, I tried putting NIFTY. But this trick didnt work and it put data in Nifty 50 only. Same with Nifty Bank.
Maybe symbol merger would work in this case. But I am very confused about merging rightly : once I tried long back and I remember losing all the data. Hence, I m scared of doing it ever since then :( . I would be truely thankful for any help in this regard.

KAL.YUG

Josh thanks - it worked. I tried again during market hour. After first ensuring that there is enough data in data table of Index (Nifty50, Nifty Bank). I tried to backfill. It did backfill nicely- of last 15 days as expected. Thanks a lot.
But I am facing a little problem, which is not really part of RTD issues and I understand, should not be raised in this forum here : RTD selcts Nifty 50 and Nifty Bank as indexes and hence puts data in Nifty 50 and Nifty Bank in amiroker. But I have historical data of indexes by the symbols: NIFTY and BANKNIFTY.
I tried changing the name in ini file viz:
Scrip1=Nifty 50;NIFTY;Index Value;
Scrip2=Nifty Bank;BANKNIFTY;Index Value;
Scrip3=nse_fo|TATAMOTORS19MARFUT;TATAMOTORS_F1;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today;Open Interest;
Scrip4=nse_fo|SBIN19MARFUT;SBIN_F1;LTP;LTT;Volume Traded Today;Open Interest;

As you can see here: after original symbol: Nifty 50 and semi colon, I tried putting NIFTY. But this trick didnt work and it put data in Nifty 50 only. Same with Nifty Bank.
Maybe symbol merger would work in this case. But I am very confused about merging rightly : once I tried long back and I remember losing all the data. Hence, I m scared of doing it ever since then :( . I would be truely thankful for any help in this regard.
1st Take a backup of your Data folder (you should actually make this a habit)
2nd - delete the new Nifty 50 and then rename the existing NIFTY(your old NIFTY) to Nifty 50 and again back fill, this will append new data to the newly named Nifty 50.
Else you can merge NIFTY and Nifty 50.
If you have any issues you can reuse your backup data folder.