Real time data feed for Ninjatrader

Hi Seniors,

I'm newbie to day trading but have little bit of knowledge of investing. For last one month , I had extensive study over day trading using internet and different forum. I am a bit comfortable with ninjatrader after using it for 10 day with historical day data provided by yahoo and I'm able to create my own custom strategy in ninjatrader [ I know little bit of programming ] ( using only chart and with different color and indication based on bollinger band, RSI and MACD ). But the main problem is datafeed. I tried manshiRT but backfill is painful. Wrote email to eSignal about data feed but did't get any reply.

My aim is to use Ninjatrader's chart with RANGE data. If RANGE data is not available, then time tick data. Could you please guide how to get Range data feed / time tick datafeed for ninja trader ?

Till now I have told my story. So Seniors , plz guide me if you find anything wrong.

Your help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Hi,
If you want to subscribe to e-signal data mail to the following email id
[email protected] . By the way i dont know any thing about NT7 or whether esignal data is compatible with that.
Hope you will get reply from scott.
All the best,
praveen:clap:
Thanks praveen. I emailed to [email protected] and get the reply back. But for me eSignal data is too costly almost $111 per month ( AND I DON'T LIKE NUMBER 111 ;) ).

NT7 was my abbreviation of NinjaTrader 7 :).

So I downloaded another charting software AMIBROKER today and start learning AFL. Ami is also Great.

mastermind007

Thanks praveen. I emailed to [email protected] and get the reply back. But for me eSignal data is too costly almost $111 per month ( AND I DON'T LIKE NUMBER 111 ;) ).

So I downloaded another charting software AMIBROKER today and start learning AFL. Ami is also Great.
I was about to tell you that it is very costly to get data into NT7 and all prices are in $s, but you already discovered that. Unless you are trading in few crores per month, it will not be worthwhile.

AmiBroker is very good s/w and first s/w I've felt worth every paisa I've spent. License fee of Ami is 1 time only.

You can feed data to Ami from Yahoo as well as Google and you can get Ami to read Metastock format data which is a very big pluspoint.

I had explored NT7 because s/w is free and because Ninjascript is based on C#.

BTW, How did you get Yahoo to feed data into NT7. Its good to know that it is possible ...

praveen98

Hi sandipanp,
Your welcome, i think for amibroker there is free importing tool for real time data by josh available in this forum itself.
If you are a day trader with amibroker and global data feeds combo you can place orders directly from ami screen, which will be very helpful in a very fast activity like day trading.
Hope this helps.
All the very best
praveen:thumb: